Tuesday 23 March 2021

BruceR, The End of the Beginning (I hope)

Here I am kneeling for the first time before the Snowlord with the painted offering.
Yes, I've not had a hair cut since November.  Up to that point I was doing my own.  Being used to a number 1 or 2 for the last 30+ years I told myself no cut until vaccinated.  I'm 2 days out from 2 weeks from my last jab and might keep the hair.  

This was my first challenge and I had a great time seeing and commenting on all the glorious hobby efforts.  I also found it very motivating to keep churning out paint and attempting to wind my way through the Chamber of Challenge.

Cheers to Curt and the Minions as without them all this would not happen.
Be safe and enjoy this great hobby.


I managed 111 28mm infantry
23 28mm cavalry
4 vehicles
1 boat
1 dragon and some assorted vignettes
17 of the Chambers of Challenge 
I painted fantasy, ancients, black powder, WWI, between, and WWII,



I still have the bug and even though nice weather has returned to the Dakotas I'm still on it.
More Pulp Figures for a 10 pack of Royal Navy Landing Party.



It's been Grand and I hope to join you all next year when the winds begin to howl and night turns bitterly cold.

BruceR



 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely to see your smiling face above your haul - Well done Bruce! (I'm a #3 man myself, but if I had your thatch I'd keep it too.:)) I really enjoyed all your entries but was particularly taken by your dragon and vineyard. I hope to see you with us when we next roll out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge from you Bruce. The hair looks great, I'm no expert and with me it's "what you never had, you never miss". Keep the hair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful painting. May I suggest you keep the hair. I expect to see you with a pony tail by next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work Bruce! My first haircut of the Lockdown back in June last year was by my 13 year old daughter with the clippers we used to trim our old dog with!! I've had a wet nose ever since, but I've still not mastered licking my own.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old joke. Why do dogs lick their b:::s? Because they can.
      BruceR

      Delete
  5. Splendid output and impressive mane! I haven't had a number 1 in over 30 years!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you have to you do. And than after so long it is just the way it is. I think 30 below had me pause and now it’s bugging everybody so why cut?
      Cheers.
      BruceR

      Delete
  6. Awesome figures Bruce, hope to see you next year too! Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete