Tuesday 23 March 2021

ScottM - Challenge XI Wrap Up

And so ends another paint challenge. For me the paint challenge is motivation to get a crap load of figures painted in a realtively short time. Its a perfect chance to carve a nice hole in my unpainted figure pile. Its also a chance to get figures painted that I either wouldn't paint at all or would take an extraordinary amount of time as I slowly ground through them. So here's a brief tour of what I got painted.

The whole lot and the goofball behind the brush.

The first group is this large contingent of British Rangers/backwoods militia for the French and Indian War. Probably don't need any more.
I've probably got enough to build a sizable force for either Sharp Practice or Muskets and Tomahawks.

The next lot are World War 2 figs.
The bulk of these are Soviets with a smattering of Germans thrown in. I'm in the process of painting an early war Soviet army for a friend and this will render the to-be-painted pile into only a handful of figures.

Next up is my Samurai
This is a project I've been working on for 9 years now. Bloody hell, that's a ridiculous amount of time to spend on one project. I usually paint a handful of bases every year. This years contribution will go a long way to forming the core of my second army. I imagine you'll be seeing more of them in future paint challenges.

Next is a motley collection of sci-fi and fantasy figs.
Most of the fantasy figs will find use in either Frostgrave of Warlords of Erehwon. The two Star Wars Legion vehicles actually completed my Legion paint pile.

Next is this large group of 15mm Ancients.
A few years ago I did up armies for New Kingdom Egyptians and Hittites. Not sure why I picked this period. Both armies are pretty much complete but I had all these leftover bits. And to be honest, I really didn't enjoy painting them. I had originally set myself a New Years goal of painting 6 bases this year. Well, here's 15 bases. Mission accomplished!

Next up is a pair of standalone units.
The horse and cart are good for all sorts of settings. THe ECW gun and crew are for JonathanO to pad out one of his ECW armies.

And finally are the terrain pieces.
This is two separate sets of pieces. The watchtower has been sitting in my basement for a few years and the challenge was the perfect opportunity to get it painted. The 15mm buildings went along perfectly with the 15mm Ancients and will also see action in my future 15mm Arab army that I'll be working on.

So that wraps it up for another year. Thank you to Curt and the minions for running the paint challenge. For me its always the highlight of the winter months getting to see everyone's awesome work and the support the contributors show for one another. Cheers and see you all next challenge!

Scott

11 comments:

  1. fantastic array of figures and terrain. Setting up miniatures on the kitchen table - you are a brave man, far braver than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great figures I like the japanese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Scott. Nice wrap up. You really got a lot done and as always, your painting is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great effort Scott, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work Scott! I enjoyed all your entries, especially those lovely samurai.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful pieces here! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely diverse collection of figures and terrain !
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice output scott, love that FIW force

    ReplyDelete
  9. 9 years for a project is fine, things are just starting to mature at that point.
    Well done on an impressive output.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing all your stuff together like this is awe inspiring Scott, well done!

    Cheers Sander

    ReplyDelete