Tuesday 23 March 2021

MichaelD - The Fruits of my Labors

 Once again I feel very grateful to Curt and everybody for maintaining this wonderful Challenge. So many fantastic painters and supportive friends. Thank you. This year I think I completed a personal best in terms of points, although I'm disappointed I wasn't able to get my act together to participate in the theme challenges. I bought a few miniautres for it, but then got so caught up in my main plan that I never really worked them in. Next time. Anyhow here are the group shots:



I had two big game-changing experiences over the past 3 months. The first is thanks to PaulSS, who suggested (on Facebook) using Trello for painting projects:


The other was painting 10mm. I always had middling success with 15mm, but really enjoyed speeding through my Union ACW figures. Not only am I looking forward to getting division-sized battles on a reasonable sized surface (soon!), but look at this:


I can probably fit a whole side in one cigar box!


Thanks again to everyone for all the support and inspiration!

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant stuff Michael. I really enjoyed your entries, especially the Italian Wars figures, though I can understand your love of 10mm - it's such a great scale to both work and game in. I'm also chuffed to see another embrace the good old cigar box for figure storage! :) Until next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent painting - I may have to look up trello also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work all through the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Michael, I love the whole army in one box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved watching your 10mm work.. inspiring as it just feels like a slog for me sadly. And completely forgot about trello! Damn.. something for the toolbox again for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking figures, especially your Italian wars ones!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve been enjoying trello too, such satisfaction from moving tickets along the columns..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff mate see you next year!

    ReplyDelete