Tuesday 23 March 2021

From Dallas: Ready for the After-Party (Challenge wrap-up)

Assembled production

Well, here we are at the end of the Challenge. I'd set myself a modest goal of 500 points which I ended up more than doubling. Still, it wasn't *quite* enough to get me into the top 25 - my good friend Greg pipped me by a mere 6 points! In any event, here's the breakdown of my Challenge production:

  • 28mm foot: 75
  • 28mm mounted: 3
  • 28mm large figures/monsters: 5
  • 28mm artillery pieces: 1
  • 28mm tanks: 1
  • 28mm landing craft: 1
  • 28mm furniture/terrain: 12
  • 20mm foot: 2
  • 20mm cars: 1
  • 20mm tanks: 1
  • 15mm tanks: 3
  • 10mm Titans: 1
self-portrait

I just want to end this post by again thanking Mr. Curt and all of his Minions for running the Challenge for all of us, and also to Lady Sarah and the Minions' other halves for their forbearance and tolerance of the time Curt and the Minions spend on it. Thanks also to my fellow Challengers for the kind words you posted about my work.

See you at the bar...!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome work Dal! It was brilliant to have you roll out with us this year. I loved all your stuff but I have to say that the Titan and that old school Giant were my faves. Well done, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers guys... I also just realized I forgot to add the 28mm landing craft and the infamous "U-boat Commander" Porsche to the photo and the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work this year Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid work of the highest quality!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work Dallas, your entries were great - in particular I think you captured the genuine spirit behind the "Chambers of the Challenge", and it was cool to see some really classic stuff come off your painting desk.

    ReplyDelete