Tuesday 23 March 2021

From Barks: AHPC XI Wrap-up

Did I really paint all that?

I can usually be found, post-Challenge, in a bit of a dazed state; lost and without focus after the frenetic work of the past few months. I felt I had a slow start, but got into my groove after a few weeks and started to use the Chambers of Challenge to focus my efforts. My Snowlord Challenge was two 28mm vehicles, which was every bit as tough as I expected. Other highlights included:

  • Aliens
  • Skull-infused graveyard
  • Nazgûl on fell beast
  • Ned Kelly
  • Marble skull angel statue

One of the most useful parts of the Challenge is finding excuses to paint those little projects that have been gathering dust, and this year was no exception.

This year I got a bunch of Citadel Contrast to try out- and I have to say I'm a reluctant convert. It will find its way into many of my projects. And resin 3D printing will be a bigger thing for me in the future.

It has been great fun, thank you all very much.


Barks

18 comments:

  1. That is alot of high quality painting. Marvellous effort this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your posts. You got a lot done and of high quality, as Martin said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a wonderful opportunity I look forwards to every year.

      Delete
  3. Great additions to the collection Barks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul! The lead pile doesn’t look any smaller...

      Delete
  4. Lovely work Barks. Those ganger vehicles were a triumph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea when they will ever see battle!

      Delete
  5. Alas poor JB, he painted well...

    Superb haul mate, as always - my favourites would have to be your Ned Kelly gang, the Imperial statue and the Aliens collection I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul- I’m keen to finish Aliens and get it to the table.

      Delete
  6. An superb collection of minis, nice one Barks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Large scale output to a consistently high standard! Very impressive!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a joy to have you in the Challenge, all your replies are kind and well thought out and keeping track of the skullz made for a good incitement to keep them coming.

    See you next year Barks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sander! The little community here is just wonderful.

      Delete