Saturday 1 January 2022

From Millsy: 40K Death Guard Deathshroud Terminators (Istvaan V, 41 points)

Hi All!

Happy New year everyone, I hope you're all safe and well! It's great to be back amongst you wonderful Challengista's for another year. This is my 9th Challenge and I enjoy them more every year.

My first submission is a unit of 40K Death Guard Deathshroud Terminators for my fledgling 40K / Kill Team force. I'm submitting these as a Challenge Quadrant entry for Istvaan V, reasoning that there's nothing more heretical than Heretic Astartes! For those who don't know the lore, the Death Guard were the 14th of the original 20 legions raised by the Emperor, but defected to Chaos and became devotees or the god Grandfather Nurgle after the "betrayal" of their leader Mortarion by the Emperor. Papa Nurgle is the god of corruption and his minions are carriers of every disease imaginable.

These guys are huge so I'm treating them as 40mm miniatures. They're painted in the scheme of the Pallid Hand chapter and are absolutely loaded with detail.
Every time I thought I was finished I found something else to do until I had to do. Ultimately I declared enough was enough at about 9 hours work I think.

Enough intro, enjoy the pics in all their purifying glory...



Filth? You're standing in it!

Smile for the camera!

My own grandfather would be horrified by that rust!




There'll be more Death Guard along soonish I think. Until then, happy painting!

Cheers,
Millsy


__________________________

Welcome back to the warm embrace of the Challenge, Millsy! (Here in Saskatchewan, ANYTHING warm is a good thing.)

Wow, these Death Guard look fabulous! From closely looking at the photos I can see what you mean about getting lost in the detail - gosh they're festooned with all manner of pox, pimples and tentacles and buboes. I particularly admire the corroded blades of their scythes and the icky (in a good way) groundwork.  A wonderful entry for Istvaan V. Well done Millsy!

- Curt

21 comments:

  1. Yeecch! And I mean that in the nicest possible way. Great to have you back on the challenge Millisy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Well, those are quite unpleasant, which is a massive compliment to them. Great colours and detail, Millsy. Happy New Year, and terrific to be back in the Challenge with you. What is it with Kill Team? Everyone I know seems to have have been bitten by the Kill Team bug at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Millsy, it always tragic to see your amazing hobby skills spent on GW’s worst offerings…first Catachans, now Nurgle, the most Flanderized faction… :-)

    Great work as always man! Now, paint up some 30k Death Guard, would you? 😄

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful painting - I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent stuff!

    I think I would struggle painting nurgle the pus nodules put me off!

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome back, these are spectacular

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Millsy! I like these whiteish Death Guards, I have a small collection myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very yucky, in the awesomest way possible :-)
    Welcome back mate, you were missed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ewwwwww! And I mean that as a compliment. I do like the tan colour instead of everything being green, really shows off all of the details you mention and that you’ve picked out expertly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work. Nice a "grotty" but in the good sense of the word.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spot on Millsy some pretty scary stuff there mate !

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grotesquely gorgeous Death Guard. You've really made all the details pop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Millsy! Really dig the rust effect on the blades

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeously disgusting death guard, my first metal 1980s 40k army,yours are much better painted!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did all those details great justice! I spent quite a bit of time on your pictures to see everything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks everyone!

    @Dux we've been into Kill Team since the start. Gives us the option to try all the factions we've wanted to before without sinking in loads of shekels

    @Greg I'm thinking about 30K stuff but trying desperately to contain my enthusiasm (and spending!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely putrescent stuff. I do get a bit sick (pun intended?) of green Death Guard. They are truly festooned with detail. I await more Nurglicious gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderfully putrid chaps, Millsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the rust, Millsy! They are quite putrid and slimey...perfect for proper Death Guard!

    ReplyDelete