Saturday 1 January 2022

From TeemuL: Bug part of the Bug War [Klendathu] (60 points)

Sarah's Star Yacht dropped us into the planet Klendathu, but it was a huge mistake. This was no longer logical as Vulcan or fun as Babylon5. This was hostile. If we were making an attack, our invasion would have gone bad. These bugs were all over the place and we had a bad feeling about pretty much everything.

Quite crowded corridor...

Once I was almost finished with the colorful group on Babylon5, I told my gaming friends, that here are the last minis from me this year (everyone was counting the played games and painted miniatures). Then I realized, that there were still couple of days left of the year, I had some days off (with my six year old) and relaxed work schedule, so I grabbed my Contrast paints and these Genestealers from GW (which were nicely primed by their previous owner), their Warhammer 40,000 universe. They will join the Great Beast from the last Challenge (Big Tyranid) and some spore mines, which I painted during the summer.

Primaris point of view :)

I wanted them to be simple to paint, look "real", scary, hostile, dangerous and a bit camouflaged. You wouldn't want to be in a jungle with these (which reminds me to paint my Lost Patrol and play it). All Contrast here, two shades of green, black, yellow and purple.

Yes, there are eight of them

If there are no point bombs lurking around, I might end up in the Top-2 - at least momentarily and if this draft would be published now, before the final details and photos. More importantly I'm on good speed to reach my target in time. This is a third planet so far, and Star Yacht, some quite simple minis and more than average of free time. Anyway, painting these Genestealers is not an easy piece, they have six limbs and are huge. Even with simple paint job with Contrasts takes a lot of time to cover all everything and everywhere, old Mithril miniatures are done in a fraction of time compared to these. At least it feels like that.

All over the place

I guess these are counted as 28mm miniatures for 5 points each, so this will be 40 points and 20 points for the Klendathu planet. Klendathu is not the place where we want to be. "I need a hero" can be heard from our space-time-radio Classic Runes FM station and we continue our Quest to Glorantha - to find a hero.

They were assembled with variety of heads



My personal Squirrel count: 4
- 20mm Napoleonic
- 28mm Sludge
- 28mm Pulp
- 28mm Warhammer 40000 Xenos (I'm not sure about the final ruling regarding different factions is WH40K and similar, but Squirrels or not, I'll paint several of them).


_____________________________


Great looking Stealers, Teemu, and a perfect entry for Klendathu! I really like the colours you went with for these nasty critters. The yellow looks perfect with those two tones of green. It may have taken a bit longer for coverage but the Contrast paint sure worked a jiffy with these guys. Well done!


- Curt

37 comments:

  1. fantastic work on these guys, may need them as allies for my Lizardmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martin, I'm sure these genestealers are happy to ally with your lizardmen and perhaps create a cult...

      Delete
  2. Those are some truly colourful Nids there Teemu, great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander, they are indeed colourful, but still lifelike.

      Delete
  3. Nice green and yellow scheme, a classic combo that really works here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on these horrors, Teemu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, if I'm not squirreling too much, I'll paint more of these.

      Delete
  5. Oooh, I have some of those primed and waiting (have been for years). I may have to take a crack them during The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a good feeling to inspire others. :)

      Delete
  6. Great job on some nasty creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Ray, I wonder how floppy hats would fight against them.

      Delete
  8. Reviewing this post, I’m not itchy at all…nope!
    Well done Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colour combo looks great Teemu, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Utterly horrible, but in a good way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool, no idea what I'm looking at but cool all the same !

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken! They are horrible space aliens who want to eat your genes (and eat and kill you).

      Delete
  12. Great looking genestealers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work, Teemu. Those Genestealers look great all done up in contrast paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Stuart. They have enough of texture and details for Contrast paint to do wonders.

      Delete
  14. I do like genestealers! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are easy to like, no-nonsense killing machines.

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice genestealers, Teemu! I enjoy seeing nice painted in colors different from the standard. The green is a very nice alternate from the blue and pink. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David! I have a genestealer cult Kill Team (and bit more) in traditional blueish purple and wanted to have something different for these. I imagined a fight in the jungle and thought that these beasts most likely want to camouflage themselves somehow. That's the story behind the colours.

      Delete