Wednesday 2 February 2022

From JamieM - Dreadball teams (160 points)

For this week’s post, I have four Dreadball teams.

“What’s Dreadball?!??” I hear you say. Well, Dreadball is a really good fun sports game produced by Mantic games quite a while ago. It’s fast to play and easy to understand once you get the hang of it (after about half a game) and it appeals to me as I find Bloodbowl to be a little too time consuming but I do really like sports games. When it came out, my gaming group played a season and we could get a  couple of games in per night.

The first edition was good, but Mantic put out too many teams and the power creep was real and damaging. Second edition was released a couple of years ago and essentially reset all of the teams. I’ve had these teams hanging around for ages and I suddenly decided that I wanted to play it again so out they came!

First up are the Kalyshi team (Dark elves)


Nice and bright colours for the armour. The game separates players into strikers, jacks and guards, but not all races get all of the positions.
 

To help differentiate when on the pitch, I’ve painted the strikers with pink hair and the jacks with green.

Next up are the cyborgs. This team takes mortally wounded players of any team, patches them up (with added cybernetics!) and chucks them back out there.

Lots of metallics in use here.


The next team are the Brokr - space dwarf miners! Although Snow White is nowhere in sight…..


I went with yellow and black as a nod to JCBs….. and the blue hair because sci-fi. Strikers with no hair, jacks with blue hair and guards with helmets.


Hobgoblins form the last team, with a particularly large “hulk” as their blocker.


The big lad makes up for the others and I expect he wanders around pulverizing people whilst the others bicker and fight.


Liberal use of contrast paints and highlighting to get these all done and I’ve doubled the amount of teams that I had available so time to play!

Nice and easy, 32 x 28mm figures for 160 points this week.

***
Just what we needed Jamie! Another game to distract us and take up our attention! It does seem to me that this game maybe requires fewer figures on a team than "Bloodbowl" - is that the case? Regardless, they look lovely. Even the Space Dwarfs, who I am sure are totally useless at both mining and Dreadball. Great work, and a nice little points explosion (although I'm sure Paul SS has just painted 200 points of Union infantry in the time it took for me to type this). 
 
GregB

7 comments:

  1. I really quite like that drone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Jamie! I like the bright, sporty colours you have used here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection of teams,don't know the game but it sounds like fun!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a great selection of teams! I heard good things about Dreadball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. I won’t be easing around with any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Jamie. Great to see the sports themed entries in this year’s Challenge.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete