Wednesday 2 February 2022

From JamieM - Pulp Sci-Fi (Babylon 5)(30 points)

Just time to squeeze another quick one in - a pulp hero and heroine.

These two were originally a pack of two from statuesque miniatures for use mainly with the Pulp Ally rules. The chap came with a pistol and the mechanic lady had a spanner.


After reading the Stargrave rules, I realised that I needed more figures with rifles, so I swapped his weapon with a brilliant ray gun that I got with a Bombshell miniatures Kickstarter.


I decided that the lady also needed some weaponry, so I found a combat drone (from the same bombshell Kickstarter) as she looked like the sort of character who would put robots together to fight for her.  I pinned it to her arm to give the illusion of it flying….. I decided to go with this instead of a clear flying stand or similar.


I’m pretty pleased with how they came out and they gave me the Low Budget fun vibe (the drone stuck to the heroine’s arm reminds me of zaphod beeblebox with the second head stuck to the actors shoulder!) so hopefully that’s enough for the planetary bonus….. if so, I find myself next to a warp maelstrom and so await the minion’s guide as to where I end up in the middle ring!

For scoring, 2 x 28mm figures and a planetary bonus for 30 total points.

***

Very, very nice work here Jamie. I love that this one Kickstarter somehow provided all of the weapons and conversion bits you might require in order to suit your vision for these two figures. "Stargrave" certainly sounds interesting! Also, brilliant stuff with the flying drone - you managed that just right, in my opinion. Very cool...seems to be waiting for her command, like a loyal (if mechanical) hawk. Nice work. 

Now...as to the Maelstrom...well...I get to drop you any old place I like, do I? Let me go find a 40k Navigator figure and some star charts...and some wine...some more wine...just a BIT more wine...mmmm Chianti, so good with pasta...

The gods of the Warp Maelstrom have deposited you on Coruscant! Bring forth something Imperial, or something touching on "Good vs. Evil"! The soulless authorities await your efforts!

GregB 

9 comments:

  1. Creative alterations! They look great! I

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drone looks great and I like the colours you have used on the hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking pair of Stargrave crew,nice conversions!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work, I like the drone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on the conversions. The drone is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Jamie! They look the part

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great SF figures, perfect for 5 Parsecs.
    Cheers, MP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! I love his classic raygun and the bot-on-the-shoulder is a great modification. Great work Jamie!

    ReplyDelete