Wednesday 2 February 2022

From RustyP - Arrows Abound with 28mm Dark Age Archers - (250 points)

I may have been absent from posting but I haven't been absent from painting.  I skipped any space travels this time and went back to my roots.  Here we have 50 dark age archers that I really wanted to get painted and ready for game play.   We game a load of different genres and these will come in handy for fantasy, dark age and even some RPG's as well.  These are hot off the press.  I put my tufts on them and straight away to the photo shoot. lol


The guy in the fancy red shirt is trying to hide behind his bow.



Must be more than 20 here! -- 25 says I...



I'm running out of things to say... The ponytail guy looks grumpy


Pardon me but is that wet glue on your shoe?



Group B - all 25.



They're actually interrupting a Star Wars Legion game.



All together as one big happy thrall gang!

These figures are mainly Gripping Beast plastics with a few different heads mixed in.  A few are metal sculpts from Crusader minis.  Not my favorite figures to paint but I am happy that I completed them.  These will get put to use in many future games.  

As far as points go:

50 different 28mm foot figures @ 5 points per = 250 points

These were kinda rushed as far as I'm concerned.  I would have honestly spent more time on them but hey... they're ARCHERS!  This Challenge is doing me good and getting me to push a little faster than my normal turtle pace. 

***

Hi Rusty - painting and pacing are a relative thing of course, but a sudden deposit of 50 different 28mm figures - even just archers - would count as a fairly hectic pace for any us, I expect. Well done on this lot, as they look set to fill the sky with arrows, and do so in a variety of settings. Very nice!

GregB

15 comments:

  1. These guys should be able to loose a volley or two. Very useful looking group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice selection of archers. I like the head swaps- I think I see at least one from the Conquest Archers set- and Crusader minis for variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice early medieval points-bomb, Rusty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. I think the next post will be pretty minor... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice looking group of archers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Rusty. Those lads could put up a pretty lethal arrowstorm. I really like the basework as well. The invention of tufts really changed the quality of basework across the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they did Curt! I have to admit, I actually purchased a 'tuft' maker. It uses 115 W power to create static electric. You have to use rubber gloves cause it may just give you a mild zap! lol I got the tip from Mel the Terrain Tudor awhile back.

      Delete
    2. I really should take a look into one of those as it could be quite hand (and save money in the long run).

      Delete
    3. I really like it. I find it enjoyable to mix grass colors & lengths to come up with some unique tufts. There is a huge variety of static grasses on the market too. I my opinion it was well worth the investment.

      Delete
  7. Great work Rusty! That amount of archers should really be able to turn your opponents into pin cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid looking archers that can cover a nice big period of time!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work, Colonel Hotdog Corn Zombie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! Always good to have a good number of archers in reserve

    ReplyDelete