Wednesday 2 February 2022

From RayR - Vogshere/Bureaucracy - The Clergy (65 points)

 


Vogsphere: Bureaucracy; Black Comedy

What the hell's Vogsphere were my first thoughts when reading the Bonus rounds this year, after a quick google search, I found out its the home world of the Vogons...
 
Not a clue? And I'm not inclined to find out anymore! Moving on to Bureaucracy, during last week's Covid, I had a Netflix rampage and watched all episodes of The Last Kingdom, one after the other, it took a few days, but I'm still here to tell the tale.
 
Watching the series, made me realise just how much influence the Clergy had over political decisions during this period of English history.


The definition of Bureaucracy is "a system of government in which most of the important decisions are taken by state officials rather than by elected representatives."

So these 9 figures fit the round perfectly. The figures were gifted to me by my old pal and old Challenge painter FranL. He sent these to me in the post a few years ago, so I thought it was high time I got them painted. They're from Conquest Games and sold as Benedictine Monks and Nuns.


Rear view


From left to right
Brother Martin, Brother Miles and Brother Paul


L to R
Father Curtis, Brother David and Brother Lee


L to R
Sister Natasha, Mother Tamsin, Sister Sarah

Bonus round 20pts
9 x 25mm figures @5pts
65pts
 
****
 
Great work Ray! While of course we would be assured that such spiritual people are in no way bureaucrats, any short analysis will show that organized religion is indeed home to towering empires of bureaucracy! Nice to have these figures, they would make great accent pieces, or even targets/objectives, for a variety of different games in quite a number of different periods. Also nice to have a shout out from Fran! Well done. 
 
GregB

18 comments:

  1. Nice set of clerics, Ray! :)

    I would just like to note that whilst I may have put on a few pounds since the first lockdown began, my figure is not as "Rubenesque" as that of "Mother Tamsin". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of bureaucrats! I’m very entertained you named them all and happy to be included!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really nice selection of minis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking minis, Ray! I hope you make good friends with these named characters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking religious types!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a great set of figures I could find a use for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always uses for clergy on table. Great work Ray.

    ReplyDelete