Tuesday 22 February 2022

From MartinC - Running out of ways to describe Random Painting. So. Stuff. (302 pts)

 I've done some painting, no messing about, here it is





Moorish Black Guard, a 2nd hand buy and no clue who made them. They are fine, in the English style meaning OK.


I have quite a few Moorish types but they are a bit colourful so needed some in standard black. Even then I couldn't keep them all black.


Moorish shields are intricately patterned. Struggle to paint intricate random shield designs and hate transfers. So in such cases I write in Arabic script (or Sanskrit for my Indian elephants). I think it looks cool. These shields say "Sinner" which works both ways.


Next up a Reaper bones Were-Gorilla. Not a fan of these soft plastic figures but it was £1. Also got a new phone and working out how to use it




I have a large back of beyond collectionm and we have started playing very large battles with Russian Civil War, Turks and Brits. This is an Empress British radio mule


Will use it to control off map artillery


Couple of mules and a couple of converted Wargames Foundry figs as Anzacs


Final stretch. Dave and I are planning a gangster campaign and I fancy a few masked investigator types. These are from Pulp, so are great figures.


This masked Venus is my Perelandra entry. Tried to give her a tattoo but it looked rubbish.


And finally Crash Callahan, ace reporter. She, her dog and motorbike sidecar combo are fab, again Pulp.

Scores, hang in there Tamsin I think I've got this.

Arabs = 36 figs x 5 = 180
Gorilla = 1 x 40mm fig = 7
Back of Beyond = 5 men @ 5 each and 3 mules also at 5 = 40
Pulp = 6 figs + 2 dogs (2.5 each) + vehicle + Perelandra = 75
Total = 302 pts.

Feel free to add more.

Kaboom! Let's start the reports off with a MartinC-shaped points-bomb! That's a great mix of figures. And another odd lycanthrope added to your tally.

Tamsin

27 comments:

  1. A great and varied entry. I especially like how you have managed to do that stocking effect on lady's leg. Looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Pulp Figures!
    Crash Callahans’ motorbike & side car is super fun …. Red DOES mean FASTER too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You obviously need a random word for random word generator Martin.
    I am pretty sure that the amours are Gripping Beast. Black can be tricky regardless of the manufacturer, your look good.
    Love the early mobile, the mule radio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great and eclectic assortment Martin, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Stuff is terrific! Venus is quite the vixen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a fan of potpourri posts, Martin! From the Moors to the bike, really good work, but I do like the kit bashed Anzacs from wargames Atlantic, the blue shirt is a nice pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A veritable smorgasbord of luvvlyness! The Moors are indeed Gripping Beast figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, good to know. Not madly impressed but only paid a £1 each for them

      Delete
  8. Nice work Martin - and I agree those are Groping Beast figures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking mixed bag,very nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well done Martin. Especially the Black guard has come out nicely

    ReplyDelete
  11. there is really no stopping the steamroller that's called Marti is there! Fabulous work ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the shield work - what resources do you use for medieval arab shield design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I use google translate, think of a suitable word and see if the translation will fit on a shield. For my 15mm Indian elephants I used words like big and fatty and wrote them in sandscrit. All the images of shield designs are too complicated the paint well and I don't do transfers

      Delete
  13. Lovely and varied entry. The Crash Callahan set is awesome, glad to see your version of it.
    Recall reading about how a Canadian regiment in Italy lost it's radio capability when their radio donkey ran away under shellfire. Donkeys and mules are generally too smart to hang around battles.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I now need a model of a bucking mule with a radio

      Delete
  14. Great random selection. My favourite is the pulp lady.

    ReplyDelete