Wednesday 28 December 2022

From ScottC: High Adventure - Harry Dresden and Snow Yeti's (46 points)

A double whammy for ScottC this week

For my journey through the Studio I knew that my High Adventure had to be Harry Dresden and I had the perfect models lined up for him to face. 

I had a lot of fun painting this group of miniatures. Last year I read through the Harry Dresden book series and desperately wanted to find a miniature to represent him on the tabletop. Prior to owning my 3d printer I had used a reaper miniatures bones figure, but it never felt quite right. Now that I was able to print STL files I actually made this character using Heroforge. 

The yeti are Reaper Bones figures on 40mm bases.








All in all, a very fun group and a painted Harry Dresden just looks so darn cool. What's not to love about a pyro-wizard that uses a revolver?

Next up, a mounted Boromir to get me across the yellow brick road and some Western Figures from gunfighters ball for my "Historical Drama"


Points:

4x 28mm figures: 4x5 = 20 

AHPC Studio High Adventure completion: 20 points

Total: 40 points


_____________________________

Nice entry, Scott! 

I'm not familiar with the Harry Dresden series, but I'm going to correct that as they sound like a lot of fun (and it extends trend of heroes named after geographical places). Love the Yeti (and why do all Yeti have blue faces?), and the flame on Harry's torch, which is brilliant, literally. 

I'm going to score the Yeti as 40mm figures as they look rather imposing next to Mr. Dresden.

Great work!

- Curt


15 comments:

  1. Very good looking yetis and a calm hero. Good job, Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been able to pronounce 'abominable snowman' so I'm very happy to say that I love these Yeti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great. Heroforge is brilliant for those one off characters. I too like Curt am not aware of Harry Dresden, I shall have to investigate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Harry Dresden fan. Grrr now I will have to get the model. Your yetis are great as adversaries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work Scott! Love the blue faces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of Harry Dresden, but your depiction of him is ace! Als like the yetis with their striking blue faces. well done, Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving those Yeti they are superb, makes me regret selling my pulp collection…..

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work that reminded me of the man who walked into a library and asked for a book on ‘Finding The Yeti’. Librarian directed him to the large print section.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha ... there were a few days last week when I looked like a Yeti ... Saskatchewan at -45C

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard of Harry Dresden, but haven't read the "Files". Great job on creating the figure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice for High Adventure, that model is straight from the cover art, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent work Scott, and a great subject. I always loved the Dresden books and you did a great job on the figure.

    ReplyDelete