Wednesday 28 December 2022

From ScottC: Under Construction - Easterling Drakes and Moria Goblins (80 points)

Hi guys,

For my "Under Construction" project, I wanted to finish off a couple of armies. 

Operation Easterling: 

I had put together an Easterling army from my good friend Quartermaster 3D who developed an entire army of evil men perfect for the job. I had fully painted and based my army last year and my only missing component were some appropriate drakes.

These figures are 3D printed by KZK miniatures. 28mm scale on 40mm bases.





Next up: Operation Moria. 

I had an entire Moria goblin army that I painted several years ago and I am constantly adding bits and bobs when I find more cool models. I suppose I have yet to paint my Balrog, one day I will get the courage to try flames on a model. BUT! I was thankfully able to finish off these goblins that were gathering dust.

These are 3D printed goblins by TPGEO. 28mm scale.



Little drummer boy, an appropriate winter mini.

A animal trainer shaman and a goblin with spear

Some top tier goblin captains


I love this guys barrel armour!


Points:

7x 28mm models: 7x5 = 35

5x 28mm "mounted figures": 5x5 = 25

AHPC Studio Under Construction completed = 20


_____________________

Great work Scott! I really like the looks of those drakes. They will look fab when the Easterling riders are put on them (note: they are scored as 5 as they currently have no rider). Also, I think those goblins are ace too. They have an early GW/Ral Partha look about them. I agree the barrel armour for the last guy is terrific.

- Curt


12 comments:

  1. The sculpting of those 3D models is outstanding, and the painting work is at the same level of excellency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those drakes are very good, but I also like the goblins. Always nice to have a bit of comic relief. Very nice painting, Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool set of minis. The Moria Goblins are an interesting bunch. I like how you've stuck to a similar palette for all of the models, it ties them together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work - love the goblin theme and the drakes are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice miniatures and work. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some crackin looking figures Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Fab 3D prints - love the way you brought out the details on the drakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice work- I think you should do your Balrog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent drummer goblin there!

    ReplyDelete