Wednesday 28 December 2022

From BenitoV: Multiperiod Rural Stone House (23 points)

Last year, my local club in Madrid made a huge bulk purchase of scenery including several 28mm scale buildings, some casted and 3D-printed in resin, and others prepainted MDF. Some club members were appointed "volunteers" to paint this models, and I was one of the lucky few. 


The truth is that the model has been sitting on my desk for many-many months now, always put aside by other priorities (procrastinating in other words)... until early in December this year, I got a dress down from the club Secretary. It was good that this coincided with the Challenge, as it provided a good motivation to finally undertake the project.

 



The model is a resin 2-storeys stone rural building with  removable roof and an internal floor plank  to place your models inside. It can be used for games set in very different periods, from probably the 18th century to today. Don't ask me for the manufacturer, I have no idea.

 


Instead of a dull sigle colour I decided to paint the stones in different shades and tones, very typical from the architecture in the colder and more humid north of Spain. 

As this is the first time since participating in the Challenge that I submitt a piece of scenery, I'm not 100% how the scoring works. My understanding is that fitting within a 6 x 6 x 6 (inches?) cube you get 20 points awarded. As shown in the photo, The bulding height and width is less than 6", but the lenght is 7"


To calculate the scoring, I have used the formula: 20 points + [(7-6)/6] x 20 = 23 points

Hope this is correct.

 ____________________________________

You may have procrastinated on this terrain piece, Benito, but the results are more than worth the wait. I really like the varied warm tones you used for the exposed stone, along with the distressed plaster partially covering the two exterior walls. A lovely addition to the tabletop, I think.

Great work on getting this done for your club, Benito!

- Curt


26 comments:

  1. That looks great, I need a volunteer like you. :) Very nice stone tones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very fine piece of real estate, Benito! I very much like the coloured stone effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A club that actively promotes scenery purchases and painting? I am so envious of you.
    The building looks fantastic, I love the varied stone-work. Well done, that dressing down really seems to have paid off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lagr club (200 members as we speak) with many idfferent interests (board, role, historical, fantasy or SF minis). Almost everybody is very committed to provide comunal resources

      Delete
  4. Wonderful work on the building. Really enjoy the brick and plaster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its 3 B's time......Brilliant brushwork Benito!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto the Snow Lord: worth the wait. The multi coloured stonework really pops - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh... that is a sweet stone house. Lovely work Benito

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great looking building, Benito! :)

    For future reference, this is the formula for calculating terrain points:
    (20*L*W*H)/216 = points

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll use that in the future, thanks

    ReplyDelete