Monday 16 January 2023

AdamC: Zuaves! North and South a Historical Drama 100 Points (2 Squirrel)

Some Years ago I did an American Civil Camping using the Longstreet rules.  Its a been a long time since I added any units to the collection.  Both my Yankee and Confederate armies are laking in Zuoaves so I took advantage of a sale to rectify that situation. 
First up a group Yankees.  I didn't model this unit on a specific unit of Zuoaves but the Red Trousers
and fez/turban are fairly typical of many early war units.  

There are a total of 20 Yankee Zuoaves here 15mm scale for 40 Points which should be good for a Squirrel!  (that should be Squirrel Point #2) 
Next up are some Confederate Confederate Zuoaves. 

Confederate Zuoaves didn't typically show up in regimental strength so I spilt the group into two five stand groups. They could be regiments or a detachment depending on the game.
We have another twenty Confederate 15mm figures for another 40 points (Squirrel point #3) making 80 points plus another 20 points for the Historical Drama studio so 100 points each. 
Thanks to all for the get well wishes but am unfortunately still suffering from COVID-19... Feeling better(most of the time) but still not 100% and still stuck at home because I am testing positive.

A fine collection of opposing Zuaves Adam, I like that you did both sides.  I am with you on the figures and Historical Drama points but will want clarification from a Squirrelminder general whether you get to count a single or double bushy tailed tree dweller here.

Glad to hear that things are getting better and hope that you beat the dread lurgy soon.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks I will await the squirrel rulling they are two different armis so I think it would count...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Adam, best wishes for recovery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Adam! Opposing sides no less! I hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always good to see Zouaves, Adam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam, these are some great ACW figures and they will surely look well on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Adam, who doesn’t like zouaves? I do wish you a speedy full recovery! Good to see that you felt well enough to get some things done, let’s hope that the only way is up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work. I didn't realise Zouaves came in more than one flavour so I learned something today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work on those, I do like Zouaves and the range of uniforms in the ACW is amazing.

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely looking zouaves, of both sides! Hope you feel better soon.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see both sides of the ACW coin.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete