Monday 16 January 2023

From PaulSS: More WWII US Infantry and supports -- 113pts

 

Following on from last weeks "Under Construction" post, work on the US Infantry Battalion for O Group continues, with the next two infantry companies finished and more supports added.

Second company

The second and third companies both are made up from the Victrix US Infantry set and will complete the line infantry component of the force.

Third company
I've also added a trio of .30cal and Bazooka teams to support the infantry. This group also includes a couple of extra patrol markets and an artillery observer.

Battalion supports
Heavier support weapons options are not available from Victrix, so I purchased a couple of jeeps and 57mm anti-tank guns from Pendraken to see how they fit in.

Anti-tank

Although the Pendraken stuff is nominally 10mm it seems to match height wise well with the Victrix stuff although the figures are noticeably more bulky.

Victrix and Pendraken comparison

Some close-ups of the recent additions.

Infantry section

Infantry section

Jeeps

Bazooka team

57mm anti-tank gun

Artillery observer

.30cal section

I also took the opportunity to paint up a bridge from Battlescale to go with these. I purchased it with all the other buildings I did but it never got painted at the time. I forgot to add a ruler to the photo but at 6" long it's easily a quarter cube.



There are only a few 60mm mortars and a handful of infantry sections left to paint for the Americans. I have placed another order on Pendraken for some more tanks and support vehicles, so this week I plan to be either be working more on the Americans or making a start on some Germans to oppose them.


102 12mm infantry, 2 guns, two vehicles and a 5pt claim for the bridge will add another 113 points to my tally so far.

Squirrel Duel Tally: 3 (40K Kroot, Gaslands, WW2 US)

First I had some aging academic moments with Paul's post on Sunday and hope that I sorted things out properly in the end.

Move great US WW2 stuff Paul, this is a great project to see unfold.  I agree that the Pendraken and Victris buts mix well.  As always your basing is top notch.

14 comments:

  1. The project is really nice, following with interest as I'm also involved in OGroup but currently using my pile of 20mm plastics mainly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Paul -I really like the look of round bases and the quality of basing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work, Paul! The mix of manufacturers looks fine especially for the scale and your equal treatment of them. I like the basing too. That jeep is wonderfully chunky, which makes it rather endearing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, great to see the variety in your work. The basing is very fine too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Yanks! I feel guilty for not painting mine now :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice group of Yank, and like the bridge too!

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking US infantry, splendid basing too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking WW2 US infantry and support.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete