Monday 16 January 2023

KenR : 28mm French Chasseur a Pied 1867 (120 pts)


Now I've finally stopped mucking about in boats and got an actual wargames unit finished. Last Challenge I did a load of figures for my Battle of Mentana Project, unfortunately the Perrys still haven't brought out French Line Infantry for the period so I've not been able to complete both sides for the Battle so I've drifted onto other Projects.

I did however have some metal Perry Chasseur a Pied undercoated so as a bit of a bookend on last year's project I decided to do this unit of 24 figures to Start this year, it's taken me a bit longer than I expected but 24 x 5 is 120 badly needed points as I am well behind my require pace to reach 1500 by challenge end.


I found these really difficult to photograph, it must be something to do with the dark uniforms so I ended up using a white background to get something like an acceptable photo. My bases are 60mm square with 6 figures on. 


The extended bases provide a bit of protection to the Rifles and bayonets on this models which I have to say are quite flimsy and I've had no end of problems with them bending.

Next week I hope to have a unit of 10mm (yes I did say 10mm) Malburian and maybe another ship 😉 eventually I will get started on my Italian Wars stuff, honest 😀 

Really nice looking unit Ken, love the deep blue with the yellow piping.  Your basing does them justice and I do appreciate the need for going deep to protect gun barrels.  It may have been a pain to get them based, but the end result is really worth it.  

Hoping that the Perry's get you the figures you need, but in the mean time we'll look forward to the tiny WSS and big ships.  And oh yes you need to do some Italian Wars stuff - get to it already would you.

44 comments:

  1. That is one pretty company of infantry, Ken! They are masterfully done. I can tell they are "light" infantry with those rucksacks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, one of them actually has a kitchen sink !

      Delete
  2. Lovely piping Ken -- they look very smart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great Ken. Can't wait for the Perrys to finally have French regular infantry for the period, but wow, these Chasseurs look sharp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, those French Infantry can't come soon enough 😀

      Delete
  4. That's some awesome painting Ken great blue on these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these very much! Some of the most attractive French uniforms of all time, and painted very well indeed. And I’m looking forward tonyour Marburians. Great job, Ken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, the uniform is definitely simple but elegant 👍

      Delete
  6. Beautiful work! They're carrying so much stuff it must have doubled the painting time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of them literally has the kitchen sink on his back 😀

      Delete
  7. Those look fabulous. Well done, Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely lovely Chasseurs, Ken. Such a great period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curr, slowly creeping towards the finish line with Mentana 👍

      Delete
  9. Lovely Chassuers Ken!

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking unit Ken, I like the base protection idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something I've been doing for a while now and it's second nature now 👍

      Delete
  11. Splendid looking chasseurs! They look great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great painting and remember this army from last year.
    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice Ken - 1,500 is a tough target at this quality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Pete, I usually do around 1750 but I've had a slow start this year 👍

      Delete
  14. Fantastic looking unit Ken!

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete