Saturday 28 January 2023

From RayR - 2mm Almansa 1707 - French Sillery's Brigade 26pts



I didn't get to post anything last week, as I just didn't find the time to take any photos, so there'll be a few posts from me today.


First off is my first French brigade for my Almansa project.
Sillery's brigade fought in the front ranks of the centre left under Major General Vicentelo.


Only one close up, don't look to hard, they're tiny!
I do like the flag on regt Bigorre, once again all the flags are from my NYW collection, some made by me, others from online sites.


Regiments in this brigade were, Bigorre, Isle de France, La Sarre and 2 Battalions of Sillery.

Nice and easy with the points.
5 bases @5pts each = 25pts
1 Brigadeir base = 1/2 point

So a total of 25.5 points


'There will be a few posts from me today.' he says. That's a bit of an understatement. Great work on these tiny little figures Ray. Sadly I still can't figure out how to add decimal places to the Spreadsheet of Doom, so you can have half a point for the flags.

18 comments:

  1. The more I see of them the more I like them, Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, how much magnification does 2mm painting need then? Lively work here Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice brigade of teeny-tiny Frenchies, Ray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great, as far as I can tell at this scale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking teeny tiny French, I misread the title, thought the general was called Silly and seemed to be in some long lost episode of Michael Bentines Potty Time!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great project and an encouragement to others to do it in another period

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Ray, La Sartre is in my 28mm collection….

    ReplyDelete