Saturday 28 January 2023

From GregB - Predator AFV for the Sons of Horus (20 Points)

Predator AFV for the Sons of Horus. Model from Forge World.

Rounding off today's Horus Heresy offerings, we have another Space Marine AFV. This is a Predator tank, a classic old retro design from the days of the "Rogue Trader" game, gussied up and returned to the table by GW's Forge World studio for their Horus Heresy range. While these models are now available as multi-part plastic kits, this fellow is in fact a hybrid plastic and resin model from Forge World - assembled and primed for me by the excellent Steve B.

Wierdo weapons like this are such fun in GW's 30k setting.

Like the Spartan I submitted a couple weeks ago, this model kit has been sitting for years in my pile of shame, primed and ready to go, always on the edge of my intentions, but never receiving a lick of paint. Until now! It was on the shelf beside the Spartan, so having finished that beast off, I figured I would be wise to get this one out of the way as well. 

View showing the rear access hatch. Spooky legion symbol on hand to, er, keep an eye on things...I'll see myself out...

In the wild and crazy spectrum of combat vehicles available to Space Marines in the Horus Heresy setting, the Predators are actually on the lighter side. They are not too heavily armoured, and don't carry troops. But they are platforms for a hilarious assortment of dangerous and whacky weapons, and you see as much with this variant - sporting laser cannons on the sponsons, and a dangerous and (slightly) unstable plasma cannon on the turret. 

For the Warmaster!

All of these weapons will be useful in rendering moronic "loyalists" down to their component atoms as the Warmaster Horus completes his long march to save humanity! As ever, I'm sure this newly painted tank will be zapped on the first turn when its time on the table comes at last - but in so doing, maybe it will soak up and distract its opponent's attention long enough to let the Spartan make it to turn two!

This single 28mm vehicle should bring another 20 points. Thanks for reading, and remember - Horus for Hope!

Your Legion force just keeps on growing, Greg. The heavy firepower this thing is sporting should be enough to obliterate some of those pesky loyalists who fail to realise that Horus is the man to follow. You seem to have amassed quite the motorpool over the last few entries, I am getting pretty envious.

16 comments:

  1. It was worth picking this up and painting it, Greg! It looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great vehicle. That green colour is still very attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great looking vehicle Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking space marine tank!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing says 30K like a round, Rogue Trader style turret. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant work, dude. I love that plasma cannon/turret combo. I'm sure the crew can warm up a burrito or two in that box in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for getting this off your shelf of shame!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There’s a special place in my heart for the humble, yet increasingly outgunned and outarmoured, predator and this one is an absolute beauty. Lovely sea green colour and good choice of crazy guns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great painting on that old beast Greg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work,Greg! I like how some of the design cues are stipresent from the 80's predator tank.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stop teasing me with those excellent HH troops now I really need to get cracking on my own stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know it’s not a Culin cutter - and you wouldn’t need one with that plasma cannon - but I can’t help myself! Looking good though, nice job :)
    TomC

    ReplyDelete