Friday 20 January 2023

From ScottM: Studio Under Construction Japanese Peasants (140 pts)

I started on this project I think back in 2012. I originally wanted to do up a couple samurai armies in 28mm. My steam quickly ran out and I've been slowly grinding out bases for the last 10-11 years. Still don't have enough to field two decent sized forces. I think it's going to be a lifetime project. So this location is perfect for this. 

Under Construction - These three bases actually painted up really quickly. No intricate armour, just peasant clothing. These Japanese peasants are 28mm metal figs from The Assault Group (TAG).






Scoring: 24 - 28mm foot figs + location bonus = 140 points 



Friday Minion: Hey Scott, loving these Japanese peasants, you've really nailed the mix of colours to convey that they're a rabble, without risking it looking like a gathering of clowns. I love the earthy tones, subtle orange and blue-grey in particular.  

12 comments:

  1. Really nice work, lovely colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice figures Scott, you'll have the rest done in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great range of colour tones, lovely revolting peasants!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Phil said. I really like these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have more than a few of these projects in my cabinet. Good on you for moving the needle forward. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Scott! I have to echo I like the colors on the peasant rabble! They look very nice bunched together and the basing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab colours - nice brushwork.

    ReplyDelete