Friday 20 January 2023

From JohnE - 1/350 U-boat - [World Cinema] - (25 Points)

As a fan of foreign film - I'm middle-aged so subtitles are my friend - I surprisingly had very little that came to mind when contemplating the World Cinema theme. Then I remembered I had this nice little waterline U-boat model I picked up for coastal warfare actions, AND one of my favorite movies is Das Boot. It's a win-win, except that both the U-boat war and the film don't end well. But in my little sphere of the AHPC, it's a win-win!

 

 
 

 


Points Summary:

1 x 6mm vehicle @ 2 points = 2 points

Minion Phil course correction = 3 points

World Cinema (Green Pass) bonus = 20 points

Total = 25 points


Minion Phil: Who among us doesn't love both Das Boot and shoehorning impractical waterline U-Boat models onto the tabletop? Better in 28mm though. This models looks super, with excellent detailing, its menacing silhouette prowling above the waterline. 

Two points as a 6mm vehicle seems a bit stingy for a whole U-boat, though shades of grey is a fairly quick paint scheme. I've applied a small correction to account for the size compared to a land vehicle. 

17 comments:

  1. Nive, this needs to go hunting KenR's 1/700 liberty ship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking U boat! As my dad was in North Atlantic convoys in 1942 I'm kind of glad we don't have a happy ending for U boats!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. "ALAAAARM! All Hands for'ard!"
    Great job John!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks very cool indeed! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking U-Boat John.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Now I'll have to buy some naval to paint. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid film and model, John! Das Boot is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this UBoat - brings back memories of a trip to Chicago to see the one there. I don't think they would have won any Great Place To Work prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Das Boot! Good work!

    ReplyDelete