Saturday 4 February 2023

From Millsy: Oathmark Human Cavalry (150 points)

G'day All,

This submission is the penultimate one for my Oathmark Human army as things stand. I've got one last centrepiece model to go but the primer is taking forever to dry on the weird-ass plastic it's made from so it will have to wait.

First up five heavy cavalry kitbashed from the Fireforge Games Northmen Cavalry and the Oathmark Human Cavalry boxes. There's no official Oathmark models for heavies so I made my own. I really love the FF kits so it's a shame they are so expensive comparatively. The horses are especially nice.




The other ten are 95% Oathmark Human Cavalry with a few head swaps and some Fireforge Games Folk Rabble arms to provide burning torches, etc. to give them more of a "raider" vibe.





The Oathmark horses are a bit on the weird side IMHO, reminiscent of the old Warhammer Elf mounts looking more like cartoon horses and with a couple of distinctly odd poses. They're the weakest models of the Oathmark line which is a pity given how good everything else is.




These seemed to take an age to paint but I'm happy enough with them in the end. Cavalry are expensive in game so I don't imagine all 15 being on the field at once except in very large games. They look good en mass though.

I've got another 15 due to an order mix up but it'll be a while (if ever) before I paint them. I've an idea to make Rohirrim proxies from them using the shields from the Oathmark Heavy Dwarven Infantry box which might work.


That's it for today. 15 x 28mm minis = 150 more points getting me close to the 2/3 mark of my target. I'm heading off to paint historicals for a bit now for a change of pace.

Cheers,
Millsy


Great looking kitbashes, gamers really are spoilt for choice with the number of compatible plastic kits that are on the market these days. I like the 'raider' style you went for with the light cavalry, just switching a few small pieces around gives a kit a whole new look. 

I'm looking forward to seeing your centrepiece model, and with it the whole army, done.

19 comments:

  1. I love a good kitbash (it's my favourite part of the hobby) and yours are great. Some lovely brushwork on the horses too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boom! And here we have stonking unit of gorgeous cavalry from the very talented Millsy. Well done mate, they look tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant bunch of cavalry, Millsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cracking - up there with the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb matey . Great paint job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Millsy, well done! I'll have to see these in person some time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fab mate - thats quite the army you've put together there! I better get on with some Greenskins to give them a god dusting up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look excellent, I like the customisations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply marvelous great colour choices

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super looking fantasy cav - love the Fireforge conversions - I'd heard the Oathmark cav horse poses were a bit suspect. Nice job painting them tho.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome looking converted cavalry, lovely!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the painting on the horses- a great looking group of cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on these Millsy. I didn't even realize FF had a "rabble" set, so that might be work getting - the "raider" effect is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice work, Millsy! I really like the work you've put in for this project. Your part mixing in the conversions was well done too. I like the feel of the heavy cav over the light cav and they all look very raider like!

    ReplyDelete