Sunday 14 January 2024

Duels and Side Challenges Update 1

Ahoy Challengers! 

Welcome to the first Duels and Side Challenges update. Being some 3 weeks into our 12 week challenge, this represents about a quarter of the way through our Grudge Season! 


Some contenders have leapt strongly into contention, while others...less so. I could ask our in-house Mathemagician for the statistics and historical trends, but anecdotally I'd suggest its pretty typical for the opening phase and it heats up from here.

Legions and Auxillia

  • StuartL 350
  • PaulOG 190
  • AlanD 150
  • Simon G 50
  • SebastianR 2

Modern Things

  • DaveD 40

The Old World (I expect this will heat up once the models are released!)

  • SanderS 55

Really Little Guys

  • SylvainR 218
  • DaveD 101
  • MartijnN 56
  • SebastianR 28.5

Big Stompy Robots of Death

  • Nil entries submitted thus far

Squirrels (Curiously quiet compared to previous years)

  • Kerry 4
Ray's homage to the really awesome Napoleon Movie

  • Kent 680
  • DaveD 101
  • EdwardG 25
  • RayR 0 (!)

I'm too scared to steal any of Skully McSkullface's thunder, though we did get together yesterday (literally!) to confer and he will post a SkullWatch update shortly.

Keep at the brushes and its never too late to enter - just don't forget to fill out the duel submission form (link on the right under the Challenge Library map) after your submission has been posted by your Minion.

Show no mercy! :-)


16 comments:

  1. I have to admit to not quite understanding the squirrel duel. Just by following the library, are we not already rabidly squirrel ing about from subject to subject?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly assists, but some folks revel in gathering more!

      Delete
  2. Huzzah ! Points on the board on all 3 of mine !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually do the squirrel thing, but as my total points target is way smaller this year I didn’t think it would be worthwile. Joined the RLG duel on a whim, as I am well aware that, although I plan to paint some RLG’s, there are those among us who can and will drop 100’s of small figures in one go. But there must be some challenge in it somewhere! Thanks for the accounting work, Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Paul, I think next year I should put up a duel for cavalry as there have been a heck of a lot of horses in the posts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poldark! Cheesy but entertaining nonetheless. Mrs Millsy and I had a game where we'd try and predict whether the first sighting on him each episode would be brooding on a cliff top or riding along a cliff top and breakneck speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is certainly a kernel for a Poldark drinking game here - including "trouble at the mine", and " staring wistfully at lost love" !

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the update Paul! I'm certainly working hard to up the output. So I agree, the race will get start to get tighter as the weeks progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paul - both of my entries so far should count for the Legions duel, and my second one should count also for the "Really Little Guys"...I'll get better with my data tags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Worries Greg - you need to fill out the form on the right hand side under the map so it will populate the Duels tally. I dont calculate each entry based on the data tags. Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for all your hard work Paul.

    ReplyDelete