Sunday 14 January 2024

From PeteF: Legions of Bloodworms - Overdues and Returns (169 points)

These units were started many moons ago - my friend ShawnD acquired a 3D printer and it seemed like a good opportunity to expand my Kings of War Nightstalkers army.

One of the units available to this faction is Bloodworms.  Mantic has not produced any official models so the sky is the limit for deciding what to use.  My army has a lot of horror/sci fi references in it so chestbursters seemed like the right choice.

Shawn found some stls - 4 poses and printed them in 3 different sizes.  I painted some, stuck them to my two legion bases (the largest base size in the game) but there was still plenty of room for a vast, seething mass.

Not until now did I finish the project - Shawn had printed me a bunch more medium and small baby aliens - all they needed was some contrast, Blood for The Blood God and touching up of their pearly whites.

Standard model count for an infantry legion is 60 - I'm really happy to have exceeded this with the all the extra wormies and I'm looking forward to getting these evil looking gribblies into battle some time.

I used a bit of foam on the bases to give it more of a three dimensional feel and to give the rivers of blood some higher ground to flow from.  Some of the worms are spawning from the blood rivers - mwahahaha.

Work has been distracting me from wargaming and other fun - hopefully Shawn and I can get a game in soon - bloodworms do have a taste for halflings.

I'm not sure how to score these - maybe 1 point for small and 2 points for medium?  They were a lot simpler to paint than regular 28mm figures.

If that's acceptable here's the summary

 47 x 1 = 47

51 x 2 = 102

Bonus points for a library section = 20

Total = 169 points?





This is the definition of nightmare fuel.. such great work! And I can whole heartily agree that things can get a bit overloaded once 3d printing gets involved. Very easy to go overboard, but also some great things can come out of it, especially with the rescaling aspect available. Great job on this, and I am happy to go with your point suggestions. 169 pts for you!

Kyle 

14 comments:

  1. Get me the flamer. The heavy flamer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, again. Bloodworms, who would have thought such a thing would ever exist? Very nice paint job though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hate to be chased down by these little sucker eeeek, they look nasty but so nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. Great idea and great outout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Utterly disgusting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pete, these came out completely amazing! Well done! More printing and painting for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicious looking wriggleys those !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ick. Those are nasty. Well done. Definetly call in the flame tanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful painting to convey such horror. Certainly wouldn't want to be a hapless halfling having to face that swarm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ewww! (Still, very cool.) I wonder if a salt cannon would work against these guys...?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well done. Yucky, still well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very well done. Yucky, still well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not quite sure what I've just seen ! Lots of blood and lots of worms 🪱

    ReplyDelete