Sunday 14 January 2024

From Codsticker: Bloody Miniatures- The Looters (40pts)

I am thrilled to be part of the challenge again this winter; unfortunately I am off to a late start as we left for Christmas in Mexico on the 22nd and didn't get back until the 30th so I am about a week and half behind! My late start is one reason for my reduced points goal. The other is that I will be painting figures from the Bloody Miniatures range and I aim to do them at a higher standard than my 'normal' painting (we will see how that works out...)

Bloody Miniatures releases waves of 4 packs on a roughly semi-annual basis, each pack containing 4 (foot)  or 3 (mounted) themed figures. There have been 28 packs released so far and- rather embarrassingly- I have only painted 8 of them. 

This is pack BM-013, The Looters:


Everything about these figures is wonderful but the faces are really exceptional.


One of the great things about getting castings from brand new ranges is how little clean up is required to get them ready for paint.


I used paints from several manufacturers: GW, Vallejo, Army Painter, Scale Colour, ProAcryl and Green Stuff World.


It is tempting to paint them all in drab colours but for such interesting characters I couldn't help to make them a bit brighter than they may have been dressed In Real Life 


That is 4 28 mm figures, at 5 points each, equaling a whopping 20 pts. 


Welcome to the challenge, and a great first post here! Love these models and you have done a great work on them alongside placing them within some fantastic terrain there. Looking forward to seeing the rest coming up! 

For points.. an easy 20 points for the models but could also suggest perhaps 20 points for them history chapter on the map? Giving you a nice 40 point start to the challenge! Onwards to more now!

Kyle



17 comments:

  1. These are lovely. I keep getting tempted by another ECW/30YW collection, but then I remind myself that I've bought painted and sold at least five over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those looters are very nice. I agree with you on choosing more vibrant colours that the historically correct drab tones. It works well on table as your in actions shots show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting and thanks for the posed photos - enjoyed looking at these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the colour choices are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work and a great photo set up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so nice, bloody miniatures make such nice minis and you have do a great job painting them, I hope you are all rested and relaxed from your holidays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bloody Miniatures are bloody marvellous and you've done them justice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work on lovely figures, its always a joy to9 see your ECW stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bloody miniatures are a truly fantastic line. Wonderful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great painting! I've been tempted by Bloody Miniatures on many an occasion, but I just know I could never do them justice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely painting on some great miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone for the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this range of minis and you've really done them proud, Rob! Wonderful brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent painting Rob and your tempts me yet again with bloody miniatures. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bloody Miniatures are the business and you've done a great job with them 👏

    ReplyDelete