Sunday 30 December 2018

Dave X - 20mm Taliban - 20 Points

This is my second Painting Challenge and I had my debut last year. I aimed for 750 points last year and smashed it coming in with over 800 points. This year I am aiming for 1000 points and am off to a very slow start but this is the busiest time of the year for me and once things get to normal I will push for my goal.


Kicking off this years AHPC I quickly painted up 5 x 20mm Taliban Infantry. These are from Elhiem Figures and I am a big fan of their 20mm Modern Range. I have already painted up a full platoon of Australians so it was fitting that they have an opposition. I have already painted a few Taliban but they are not eligible for submission in the challenge.

Taliban is such an interesting subject to paint (politics aside). After all someone needs to be the bad guy! I kind of went for some minor uniformity in the models. I am not a gun person and I believe they are armed with AK-47s.

5 x 20mm figures should net me 20 points.

I will be painting much more 20mm Modern for the challenge.

Thanks
Dave




Hi Dave!

Great to have you back for your second Challenge and to have you off and running too.

I'm not familiar with the Elhiem Figures range but they are clearly a real winner. Wonderfully dynamic poses and great proportions.

These are really well executed Dave. I like the muted palette which is suitably drab and workmanlike but at the same time your shading and highlighting really sets them off well. The basing is also top notch and really evocative of the harsh climate.

20 points to start you off this year. Well done!

Cheers,
Millsy

13 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed, Dave. Great start to the AHPC :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great opening salvo Dave, love the movement in the sculpts and the colours you’ve used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific work on these, Dave. I was sorely tested with going with 20mm but I already had several 28s in my modern collection, so I stuck to them. Though I'm happy with the decision seeing these does make me pine to collect in another scale. Ah, madness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice brushwork, the colours look perfect. A clean mix of green and grey for some dangerous looking gentlemen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish on these irregulars! Really nice painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent painting! Makes me somehow regret selling my own moderns collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good stuff Dave, I like the limited colour palette. My understanding is that the shalwar kameez shirt and trousers should be matching colours- my 15mm Talibs don't match either and it irks me and I should get around to repainting them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are very nice and a reminded to myself that I have a bunch of Empress Taliban in my 'pile of shame'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the inspiring comments!

    ReplyDelete