Tuesday 12 March 2019

From TamsinP - Demons With Clean Faces (25 points)


Well, I couldn't let a week go by without letting you have some more pulpy goodness now, could I? I think there would have been a riot if I did!

This time I am presenting some of the younger residents of Salutesville, namely Ray "Badger Cub" Rousell Jr and his gang.




Ray Jr


Like father, like son, Ray Jr is always coming up with grand money-making ideas that never quite pan out. Such as entering a bear in the city's beauty pageant - the judges quite rightly didn't accept his argument that the rules didn't specify that the contestant had to be a human female...


Little Lee


Little Lee always wears a cap to cover up the fact that he is going bald very young. That could be down to tearing his hair out at Ray Jr's schemes. Given his luck with dice, it probably wasn't a good move to send Lee to play craps at Phil the Shark's back-room.


Frankie Li


The son of a Chinese father and Irish mother, Frankie dreams of becoming an opera singer. Or a chef. Even of going to work on his uncle's farm in the old country (Which one? Either will do!). Anything, just so long as it gets him a long, long way from that feckin' eedjit Ray Jr (I did mention that his mother was Irish didn't I?).


Billy "Biff" Banks


"Biff" acts as Ray's minder, extricating him from dangerous situations (normally the wrath of the others when he has lost their pocket money on another hair-brained scheme. Again.).


Tommy "Ginge" Parker


"Ginge" fancies himself as a boxer and Ray Jr has high hopes of managing him as he rises through the ranks to become world champion. If there was only some way to fix that glass jaw...


This is another set from Pulp Figures - "The Boys From The Bowery". As ever with Bob's sculpts, they are full of character and were fun to paint.

For scoring, five 28mm figures should give me 25 points.





I was wondering if we were going to get some more pulp figures this week. Good to see my namesake is as reliable with dice as I am. Some very interesting character backstories here, its almost as if they were based on real people...

Lovely work as always Tamsin and a great final hurrah for the Tuesday Crew.  Now we can all get our heads down to finish those last few entries in the last days of the Challenge. 
Lee

14 comments:

  1. More lovely pulp work Tamsin!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome set of characters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bunch of thugs and a lovely finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow geeze that's great fun! It's Ray down to the petulant look as well, awesomeness Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a handsome young chap that Ray Jr!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff Tamsin. It's been a while since you got a good Ray jab in, and we've missed that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Ray Jr" - that seems ominous all around...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome looking fellas Tamsin! I‘m sure they‘ll cause a lot of mischief and mayhem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Lee - cheers, m'dear! And glad I could oblige with some more pulp this week. I'm not sure where you got the idea that they might be based on real people from ;)

    @ Christopher - thanks! :)

    @ Ken - cheers! :)

    @ Martin C - thanks! Not sure I'd call them "cute" though ;)

    @ Fran - indeed! ;)

    @ Iain - cheers! :)

    @ Sander - thanks! It was that chubby-cheeked smirk that made me think of Ray ;)

    @ Mike W - cheers! :)

    @ Ray - he's a smirking miscreant, that Ray Jr chap! :)

    @ Peter D - thanks! I can't believe that I held off until now to get one in! ;)

    @ Greg B - be worried. Be very worried! ;)

    @ Nick - cheers! I'm sure they will :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bunch of delinquents!

    ReplyDelete