Tuesday 12 March 2019

From SanderS - Tigerforce (42 points)

Hoi,

Some more GI Joe stuff for this entry today. The Snow Cat vehicle is just downright cool, so when the 3d design became available on Thingiverse I just had to have one. Sadly I have no plans to do a snowy battlefield at all, mostly due to the lack of arctic troops/ characters and the hassle of doing the terrain. However the Snow Cat was also repainted to be included in the Tigerforce off-spin called a Tiger Cat, since I also had an extra Devilfish I could paint that up as a Tiger Fish it was a no-brainer to go all Tigerforce.






I have no decals for these guys yet so those will have to wait but I am very happy with the colours and the stripes. Less happy I am with the eyes and teeth, but since they are my first attempt at freehand eyes and teeth I guess they are okay.

These two vehicles should net me 40 points right?

Cheers Sander




Bizzar, I was sure I'd already edited this post, added my comments and scheduled it to post...then it pops up in the draft lists again? Weirdsville. Well, I had said something very erudite about the future of 3D printing etc so you'll just have to take my word for it because I'm not as eloquent this morning! 

I'm adding a couple of points for the 'eyes' and the camo pattern so this lot will net you 42 points. 
Lee

18 comments:

  1. Nice vehicles Sander :)

    @ Lee - I suspect that you both had the post open to edit it at the same time. The same thing has happened to me a couple of times when I've been minioning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tamsin! And yes that could just be the source of the problem : sorry to have caused trouble Lee!

      Delete
  2. Very cool. 3d is the future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely looks like it, thanks Martin!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, they were a pain to paint but a good learning experience.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work! Like the tiger stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have a certain and highly enjoyable 80‘s charm. One gotta love tiger stripes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but now I want to paint all the other vehicles too...

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete