Tuesday 19 March 2019

From Adamc: Graveyard and Dungeon decor (10 points)

Having completed all my planned miniatures for this challenge(plus a few more) I decided it was a great opportunity to work on some terrain that had been lingering too long.  All of the below are from the graveyard set from Reaper's Bones III kick starter. 
A pair of pillars and smashed sarcophagus that looks suspiciously like it was smashed form the inside.
The pillars will be great for helping imagine an interior space in Frostgrave or other games I decided to make the skulls real skulls not sculptures using a buff paint washed with brown to simulate bone that is exposed to the elements.
 All of these pieces were painted with dark gray, a black wash, then light gray brushed on (something a bit heavier than dry brushing but mush. Then hit with another black wash (Secret weapons soft body black.
 The arch ways will find uses in other terrain projects there is a perimeter wall for the grave yard that they will work with.
 Grave stones the one with the statue of a weeping woman is especially evocative
Who wouldn't want a grave stone that incorporates the skulls of ones enemies?
 I decided to provide  splash of color on this pieces by painting the skulls red its suggestive without being too over the top.
 A wooden coffin awaiting internment...
 or perhaps it was just exhumed.
 Two more stone sarcophagi I think both these must have belonged to great warriors..
 I have an embellishment I am working on to go with these but its not ready and probably won't be by tomorrow. A good reason to visit my blog
 A stature of a woman a warrior and law giver based on the shield and scroll.

 Statue of another great woman warrior... she looks almost ready to do battle again...

 Death as a warrior?  One of my favourite statues form the set.. its quite creepy
OK the hate about terrain, figuring out he points. Measurements below. 
 
OK so the area covered is measured at 4 inches by 6 inches but I'm taking a inch off of each of those since there is a good bit of dead space. Height was I'm figuring that 2 inches is the average height I'm probably being a touch generous here but I was also a bit stingy with myself on the ground area so I think it works out.  3x5x2=30 and 30 cubic inches divided by 6 = 5.  5x2=100?   Curt(or as designated minion) can  feel free to adjust if I've gotten this wrong.  The terrain should be good for another squirrel point to.

Last of all I am representing a piece: The Ashurite Drummer.
 I presenting him again because Curt indicated he particularly liked this figure.
 I hadn't planned on a Curt Geld piece (I was going with the charity option) but I changed my mind after Curt commented on my last post.  No need to ajust points as he's already been counted.
He can be recast form Asherite to Southron if Curt chooses and Guy Kay worked on the Silmarillion so its all in the Tolkien family in a sense.  Thanks again for running this delightful little event Curt and thanks to all the fine minions.  I had a fine challenge compiling over 1100 points and completed all the projects I had planned for which is a first.

Guest Minion JamieM - 

Very nice indeed!  Very effective on the terrain stuff and the last chap is very bright.  My (albeit limited) understanding of the terrain scoring is that you have to fill a 6"x6"x6" cube for the 20 points and so your terrain will score you 10 points as you've got roughly half a cube from what I can see from your excellent measurements?  Still an excellent final score so well done!

9 comments:

  1. Getting quite a collection of Fantasy terrain, you will be all set for the Fantasy SAGA. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's wonderful! Thank you so much Adam! I'm delighted you had a great Challenge this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great terrain! Very evocative!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bunch of dungeon terrain Adam, I can see many uses for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great load of scenic stuff Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the boxed skeleton!

    ReplyDelete