Tuesday 19 March 2019

From PaulSS: Hundred Years War end-game and game (100 Points)


So, here are the last few Hundred Years War figures for the Painting Challenge. Over the weekend I managed to splash some paint on fifteen more English archers in a mix of different livery designs.


Also, while painting the archers I used the same palette on a group of five French infantry armed with a mix of swords, falcions and axes.


I was rather hoping to get more done, but these last twenty figures shall have to suffice. I still have many more to paint and you shall be able to watch this project grow over on Scrivsland. This week I plan to finish off these units and then make a start on more Men at Arms, I have loads more to paint.


One of the reasons I did not get more done is that last night chum Drew and I managed to get the entire collection out and play a game of Hail Caesar with them. Here are a few shots from the game.


The French arrayed

The English arrayed 
French Men at Arms and supporting foot



English war-bow

More English war-bow

The Priest at his church


This shall likely not end well

The French Knights stalled and were eventually repulsed

French Men at Arms strike home on the English left

The 'Jolly Fisherman' disorder marker

The French came on and were driven back again and again

Under weight of numbers the English left is eventually broken.

The English right holds firm.


Fin!
Hopefully I'll get a little more ACW finished in the next 24 hours for my final post of the challenge.

__________________________________

Ahh, it's wonderful to see the fruits of this Challenge paraded out on the field of honour - Bravo! This score of archers and French infantry will put you nicely over double your original target estimate of 750 points. Well done Paul! 

- Curt

15 comments:

  1. Wow, more medieval sand then action shots them going medieval on each other! Really enjoyed this project Paul, one of my faves for when vit8ng comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the game shots! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work,love the action photos!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, waht really impresses me is the fact that they are all individually based.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent additions to your force! It was a joy to follow your progress throughout the challenge and I shall have an eye on the further development of this army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, more to come on Scrivsland this weekend ;)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful looking forces Paul!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete