Monday 6 January 2020

From JamieM: A Gnarly Submission (52 Points)

Word up dudes, a quick Gnarly post for me today. I think you’ll agree it’s pretty Rad to be here.  Dudes.  Ahem.


Anyway, it’s a 28mm MDF skateramp from ttcombat that I really liked the look of as being something a little different  I like the asymmetry in Line of Sight blocking that it provides.


I think I might have gone a little overboard with the weathering, but that's what Cleethorpes Council get for using paint they found in the bargain aisle at B&Q instead of proper outdoors paint I guess....


The graffiti is printed onto special decal paper, sealed with varnish and then applied.  I think you'll agree that it adds a certain level of sophistication.


It's a decent sized piece, as you'll see with the local Yoof of Today enjoying it below.


With regards scoring, it's my entry at Mudry's Mesa as I bought it as part of a job lot of items from eBay that were delivered on 27th December.  I know, I know, the Challenge is about reducing one's lead pile.....

Anyway, with regards the size I was going to suggest 15 points as my maths isn't good enough to relate the shape of it into the scoring unit!

So 30 for the Mesa and 15 for the scenery for 45 points is my guesstimate.

Next up?  I'm striking out for Cooke's Crevasse..... as it were.

***
Wow, lot's of creative terrain today.  Certainly Jamie, this terrain submission speaks to me...basically, I would want to drive a motor rifle division over this structure and any "yoof" enjoying it, and any surrounding park that contains it...so suffice to say, your efforts have hit the nail on the head, as your recreation of the skate ramp structure has provoked the same feelings in me that a real one does!

Your math skills might be on the wane, but surely they are stronger than anyone using a skateboard at such a ramp.  Your 45 point guesstimate is off only slightly...I have this scored at 50 points, and I add two points for the hilarious graffiti. So 52 points total for you, sir! 

Now get off my lawn...

GregB

11 comments:

  1. Nice weathering on the half-pipe, Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking ramp Jamie. And I would fight Greg to defund my local skateboard parks. It’s a much better place to park our youth than other spots, and if you’ve ever watched them at the skatepark they actually work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the ramp mate, it will really spruce up the table. The local Yoof look like a decent sort, I hope they make it out before the bullets start flying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought at first you had the bridge upside down,,, A cool ramp, dude, and I really like the graffiti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice ramp, cool graffiti!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a cool looking piece of terrain (love the graffiti). A unique addition to a modern setting. Well done, Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's something different for a wargames table. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the graffiti! Gnarly, fellow kids!

    ReplyDelete