Monday 6 January 2020

From MikeF - Imperial Militia Force Commander (5 Points)

I'm a bit late to the party as this is my first submission. The challenge started when I was midway through a project and I couldn't set it aside. For the Challenge, I've decided to work on an old project that lost steam during the summer. 

I posted several units for the Inferalti Hussars during painting Challenge 9. They represent an Imperial Army regiment during the Horus Heresy and were defending the outer reaches of the solar system. 

My first unit for this edition of the Challenge is the Force Commander wearing power armor. I wanted something that looked like power armor, but was clearly less sophisticated than space marine armor. I managed to find an old model from West Wind Productions that represented British weird war boiler suit armor. I went with the gold color scheme because I figured any human commanders posted in the Sol system would probably think highly of themselves, while at the same time be suffering from an inferiority complex due to being surrounded by Imperial Fists, Custodes, Primarchs, Mechanicum and an assortment of Solar Auxilia units who are also all trying to impress the hell out of each other.
I guess he's in charge!


He looks ready for action, but he's pretty squishy inside that armor.

Next up will be the prize for Challenge Island. 

***
MikeF is a Challenge Participant of few words but tremendous painting skills. I do recall the appearance of the Inferalti Hussars during the last edition of the Painting Challenge, and it is great to see not only that the project moves forward, but that you are continuing to find some very cool and fun alternate figures from non-GW sources and fitting them into the 30k period. 

I think you describe the setting among the assorted senior commanders in the Sol System well.  Yes, Horus is coming, and we should get ready etc. etc. but, do I look sharp? Is there more gold I could put somewhere on my armour? Those Space Marines will like me at some point, I'm sure of it...

Great stuff Mike! Five points on the pile, looking forward to more. 

GregB

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous work, Mike! I like the thought of this commander having a suit of knockoff Thunder Warrior armour. Like an exotic import, it probably spends more time in the shop than out in the field.

    'I hope Dorn doesn't expect me to salute, I'll blow a seal if I raise my arm...'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent painting work. Metals are difficult to handle and you did it with an A+ mark here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully clunky stuff Mike. Looks like something Wallace would come up with "it's the wrong trousers Grommitt!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Cracking back story too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great suit of suitably OTT armour - well done Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the armoured suit. It really fits the flavour of the HH lore and looks very smart as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super looking guard power armour!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that's a very well-executed take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete