Monday 6 January 2020

From MilesR: War of 1812 US Generals, Cavalry and Native Americans (220 Points)

More Napoleonics, well kind of Napoleonics.  The last of my weekend's burst of painting activity - some additional units for my War of 1812 US Forces.

All of the figures are from Old Glory's Blue Moon line and are 15mm in scale.

On the right are 30 Native American troops.  Both sides used Native American allies extensively during the war so you should expect a lot more to be added over the course of this Challenge.
In the front are some US Generals - an overall army command stand and 10 brigade commanders.

Finally 2 largish calvary units with 7 stands of dragoons and 7 stands of Mounted Kentucky Riflemen.  While there was a paucity of calvary in the War of 1812, I will still be fleshing out these troops with a few more stands.  In fact two additional units of Mounted Kentucky Riflemen are on the painting bench and a few packs of dragoons are on order from Old Glory.  I am in a bit of a 15mm painting frenzy right now.

That's all for today.

This submission consists of 30 infantry and 40 mounted figures, which equates to 220 points on my calculator.









***
Well, another day, another major points bombardment deployed with casual ease by our friend Miles! As a Canadian, I should know more about the War of 1812 than I do, but beyond this conflict being one that both sides seem to "win", I shamefully understand very little about it. I look forward to seeing what I can only assume will be the entirety of the forces on both sides being fully represented in 15mm during this edition of the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge - and the chance to learn more about this important North American war!

Painting indigenous North American warriors is no small trick either...I wouldn't even know where to start in terms of references...maybe the abstraction that is possible with 15mm offers some chances to be a bit more uniform in painting approach, but still, very, very cool. 

As I consult the sacred spreadsheet, Miles' calculations are correct (because of course they are!) - that is indeed another 220 points for you, well done. 

GregB

13 comments:

  1. Stonking work, Miles, very impressive. This being said it would be nice to get a couple close ups for us to enjoy. Maybe for next week's 500 minis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your wish is but my command. Get ready to be amazed by my jackson pollock inspired miniature painting techniques.

      Delete
  2. Impressive amount of figures in one go Miles.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Excellent stuff...again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive output, great big mass of troops!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another period I know nothing about, but again some top notch quality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another awesome display of high volume painting.

    ReplyDelete