Monday 6 January 2020

From SanderS - Covert Op at Reidy's Reef! (50 pts)

Hoi There,

A large cargo ship is adrift somewhere amidst Reidy's Reef and a GI Joe Spec-Ops team is sent in to investigate whether there are ties to the sinister Cobra organisation. 



For Reidy's Reef something suitably nautical was needed and I have several options but I have an unwritten law that each Challenge should at least see one GI Joe related entry from me.


As it happens I had 4 nautical-ish Joes awaiting painting in the cue. All are Crooked Dice figures with head-swaps.





From left to right I present: Topside, Cutter, Lady Jaye and Shipwreck. Both Topside and Cutter are made of CD Commando's with added heads. Topside's (and Shipwrecks) head is from the private project I bought into and am still finishing, Cutters Boston Redsox Cap is from CD itself and Lady Jaye's is from the Warlord Games zombie survivors kit.


The picture above shows Shipwreck and Lady Jaye in diving suits, the orange and black scheme is from the cartoon series. To my knowledge there are no action figures made in this outfit. 


With Cutter and Topside I tried to stick with the colours used on the original figures you can check when following the links above.

Pointswise this should give me 20 for the 28mm figures and another 30 for Reidy's Reef.

***

It is fun to see projects move from one edition of the Challenge to the next, and Sander your GI Joe efforts are no exception. You have done some fine work once again, a fitting addition to the ranks of the Reidy's Reef submissions.  

I'm also impressed with the clear bases (Curt has great skill with these as well).  I will never attempt such a thing, as my bases would simply become glue-coloured, with my fingerprints showing up CSI-style on the clear acrylic...I salute your success.

That's 50 points for you! Great work. COBRA will need to work a little harder now when it comes to nautical mayhem, but I'm sure they are up for it.

GregB

9 comments:

  1. Nice work, Sander! Good to see someone else making good use of a TT Combat ship :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your GI Joe related stuff Sander. Great work on these figures. I am always amazed by the clear bases, I've tried clear paint and it never turns out like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you amortizing that ship. Love that thing. Great work Sander!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant stuff, I'm a huge fan of old toys becoming miniatures instead so we're allowed to play with them still ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Oh, glorious satisfaction!”
    Great stuff Sander

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice conversions, GI Joe is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking GI Joe types!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete