Monday 27 January 2020

From KenR: 28mm M11/39 Tanks Part Deux (65 Points)


A late post for me as these should have gone up on Saturday so for my "3 Tanks A Week" personal challenge, these are last week's triplets.


Another 3 x 28mm Blitzkrieg Miniatures Italian M11/39 tanks with a couple of Perry Miniatures crew. These were the original victims of #flakegate so they have been back through the prep process (that I did pre challenge!) but this time in addition to the scrubbing they have been brushed with rubbing alcohol, rinsed and then given a layer of plastic primer, before the normal primer / base coat. In short a real faff.


On top of the basic desert colour (dry brushed, washed and chipped) I have added some green camo pattern common to this vehicle type to make them a bit more interesting. Decal wise there is just a Company recognition badge and individual tank number on the rear of the machine gun turret.


Points wise it's a steady 65, 3 x 28mm vehicles at 20 a piece and two halves of a 28mm figure for 5.


So that concludes the voting from the Italian jury, 9 tanks done (to add to the pre-challenge collection) which nicely finished off my Italian Desert Force. This week's entries (flaking permitting) will be some A13s for my British. So here's a picture of Team Italia to end the post.



***

Great work Ken. Your posts cause me to experience many hobby reactions...I am impressed at the rate at which you are generating and finishing new vehicles for your impressive collection. I am also impressed, as always, at your tremendous painting skills. And I am further away than ever from ordering anything from Blitzkrieg - even though they clearly look great once all the "faffing" is completed.  I was so very close to making my order, but I have been deterred by #flakegate...

Ken, your stubborn commitment to this project is to be commended! We look forward to the tanks for the British later this week (#flakegate permitting, of course). 

GregB


23 comments:

  1. Cracking (Flaking? Faffing?) work Ken! I like the green you used as well. A great bunch of Italian hotrods you have there.

    BTW, on an unrelated note, we tried 'Furioso' last weekend and really enjoyed it. Will be giving it another go in the future. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt, glad you enjoyed Furioso, be interested to hear your thoughts on the rules and see if you made any house changes as we did.

      Regards Ken

      Delete
  2. Lovely bunch of useless tanks Ken! The end result is great despite the teething pains getting them there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter, they are not too bad against Rolls Royce Armoured Cars 😉

      Delete
  3. All your hard work seems to have paid off, they look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Itaklian panzerless force... I must say that I adore these sardine cans and have a few of those in my collection. I wasn't aware of the green cammo scheme, you always learn something new

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, then camo makes them a bit more interesting 👍

      Delete
  5. Ken, please stop doing this! Every entry of yours makes me want to emulate what you've done - it's really not fair! I'm still working on trying to get my Italian Wars up to scratch after last year's entries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous trio of less than optimal Italian tanks! Lovely finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work Ken. A lovely 'realistic' finish on the tanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work once more! I absolutely love those Italian tanks. Maybe it’s time to start work on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late for a rubbish Italian Tank in your collection 😁

      Delete