Monday 27 January 2020

From MattK: Challenge Island Entry Fee and More Uruk-hai (85 Points)

Before I dive in today, big thank you to Curt for the extension on the Entry Fee. I spent this week with the flu which absolutely stopped me in my tracks. Excuses out of the way I am now feeling back to normal and have put the finishing touches on the next few figures.

First the entry fee for this years challenge. This is an older figure and if I had my way was going to be an entry on another segment of the island because of its age but, best laid plans.

For the entry I painted an old-school metal Goblin Standard from Games Workshop. I picked this up at one of the many shows I was at last year with the intention of adding it to my wolf rider army but the wolf riders were not added to the gloomspite book and they sit in a box waiting for their time to shine.


This is a simple paint job but I just love these figures. The old wolf rider aesthetic is fun with the goblins looking anything but intimidating.


These figures were started before the plague hit but the bases weren't finished until today. In my short list of things to finish, I'd really love to play through the War in Rohan Campaign and I've started compiling the figures necessary. You saw some Rohan as well as Saruman but I've painted most of the Uruk-Hai Beserkers I'll be needing. This is the first 10 out of a total of 16.


And finally like all my uruks, a few of them received the hand.


So if my math holds up
1 x 28mm cav figure = 10 points
Entry fee bonus = 25 points
10 x 28mm foot = 50 points
For a total today of 85 points.

***

Great work Matt - you are indeed fortunate to enjoy the benevolence of the Snow Lord, as he is often an inflexible sort...you must have caught him while he was relaxing after consuming a meal of "Roasted Age of Sigmar Fan"...the goblin wolfrider is a real classic figure and I'm sure it will resonate with the many Oldhammer fans out there. 

LOTR is a great setting and excellent game. And wow...16 Berserkers! What sort of head-chopping fest will this be?

85 points, well done.

GregB

7 comments: