Tuesday 14 January 2020

From MattK - More Necromunda for Mudry's Mesa (80 Points)

Next up on my agenda was the Goliath Gang for Necromunda. (I swear I do historicals too!)
These figures were interesting. Much like the Delaque gang, I thought I'd be able to crack these out in an evening but again, it took the better part of a day to finish them up. Truth be told they're one of the factions I was the least interested in and a big part of the reason I skipped the original Underhive box set. I was worried they wouldn't turn out great while I was painting them but in the end I'm pretty happy with them.


I think I initially wrote them off as "the melee faction in a gun game" but as I was painting them I found I absolutely these couple of odd guns. One appears to be a rivet gun type thing which is pretty cool and I just love that giant hammer.


The faction appears to be pretty melee focused which I imagine will work wonders on the new table I'm working on. The "improvised weapon" feel of the rivet gun and the wrenches did finally win me over and I'm admittedly looking forward to trying them out.


So these figures we're not only purchased after the challenge was announced but they were even purchased after the challenge started.
10 x 28mm infantry = 50 points
Mudry's Mesa = 30 Points
For a total of 80
-----
By Paul
Its amazing how quickly you can progress a project when thoroughly motivated! 
The new Goliath sculpts are indeed very pretty and who doesnt want to fire rivets at one's foes?

Very nicely done Matt - a haul of 80 points

8 comments:

  1. Great work on these, they look very Ogrish and mean. Will be good in a rumble

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Matt. Don't we all wish we could carry a wrench that size when we walk around downtown...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking gangers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I quite like these new Goliaths. Very Mad Max.

    ReplyDelete