Tuesday 14 January 2020

From AlexS: Sicilian Normans (260 pts)

 Hello everybody. My name is Alex and I sometimes play SAGA. This is an interesting game that has recently acquired a large sports component, as it seems to me. But any game is what a person makes it. Therefore, when I started collecting the Norman warband at the SAGA, I decided to make it as diverse as possible, and not as effective as possible.


Therefore, I decided to collect Sicilian Normans, who will be more diverse in the lineup. And here is another job for my warband.


I entertained to diversify my warband at the expense of mercenaries. My choice fell on scouts who will look interesting and thematic in my warband. I made the conversions, and it seems to me that they compare favorably with other units.


I made peasants with darts. They are usually not taken to the warband, preferring archers, but my task is diversity. Yes, and I already have archers.


The Normans are visually a boring warband. These are men in chain mail on horses, still men in chain mail on horses and still men in chain mail on horses (well, also crossbow men to kill the king of the Anglo-Saxons). Therefore, I decided to dilute the warband with two detachments of Arabs who were allies of the Normans in Sicily.


I painted and traditional men in chain mail on horses. Total, I painted the units by 6 points. Considering what I have already done, my warband for SAGA is now 18 points. It seems to me that I have diversified it enough and you can stop ... Although I really want Arab archers ...



28mm cav 16 x 10 = 160
28mm inf 20x5 = 100
total: 260 pts
--------

By Paul:
I love your use of the Scillian Kingdoms background to build the diversity you've put into this force
Nice work Alex!

9 comments:

  1. Fine looking horde Alex. Norman armies do tend to be mostly metal, but their leaders add plenty of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great mob, Alex. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great looking warband Alex :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on these, I've not played Saga in ages, must try to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Alex. I love your description of the basic Norman warband..."men on chainmail" forever, it made me chuckle.

    Looking very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice force, now you need some Byzantines to fight them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super looking mob of Normans, what's the collective noun for Normans? A steal? A theft? Anyway great work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete