Sunday 26 January 2020

From TomM: Piper's Peak: Watcher of Kharna (35 Points)

Reaching the Peak, one can see the Snow Lord's Mountain on the horizon...

And as such Tamsin's challenge has been laid down, paint models gazing to the horizon.


To that end, I dug up a model from my MESBG pile, namely The Watchers of Kharna, especially because one of them is actually holding his hand above his eyes to gaze towards distant places, making him perfectly suitable for the challenge laid down.


So this elite warrior from the Fallen Realms arrives in my forces, bolstering the ranks of Harad and bringing wrath and ruin to Middle-Earth.

A total of a single 28mm figure painted as such, yielding me 5 points and the challenge bonus for this round, totalling 35 points.


___________________________________

Ah ha! This is a great rendition of Tamsin's theme - well done Tom. I was first stumped with the MESBG acronym, but the penny dropped when I hit the Harad reference - I guess I'm too old school, not wanting to give up on the 'classic' LotR tag. 

I quite like this model and your painting really does him justice, especially with the blue gems on his belts and the muted red sash and scarf as a contrast to his dark robes.  Lovely stuff.

Now, is it off to Roundwood Towers, Benito's Brook or trip on Sarah's Balloon? 

-Curt


9 comments:

  1. Oh man, more LOTR goodness. The potential distractions generated by other Challengers are one of the greatest things about The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be the balloon next again, and onwards to another unknown destination!

    Yeah, it is officially called Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game these days, guess I`m a bit to used to the acri by now x-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice figure Tom. Like Curt you had me lost on the MESBG reference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Harad warrior, lovely finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice Harad model - subtle painting. It'd look really well amongst my Haradrim. I wants it!

    ReplyDelete