Sunday 26 January 2020

From DavidB - 'Pama Mine' (Farewell)


A lot of stuff to pick up!

This is the usual state of my desk as I paint. I am afflicted with severe ADD when engaged in hobby time and it helps to have plenty of available models to give into whims. I won't be able to finish The Iron Snakes, the Samurai, gorkamorka trucks, spectre minis, necromundia, and the rest of the pile for a long moment.

'Pama mine' is from Pottawatomie and means farewell. Although I only know a few phrases I can tell you that most First Nations are not huge talkers. I am more garroulous when writting as I'm conveying thought. When speaking to a tribesman we usually use a few words as weather, place and environment carry the rest of the conversation as does the speakers body language and the company. If a speaker uses many words, there is greater depth of meaning. 

"Kshe'mnito kapma yawok pana mine' waje' wapte' kon" very loosely translated means " God be with you till we meet again" The more accurate translation is a more formal farewell than 'pama mine' and is given to family and friends. 

I have to bow out of the competition somewhat early and move to a more austere environment. with luck WIFI will be tolerable and I will have time to catch up on the entries without reading in email! ;)


What I did get accomplished, with a few on deck in the background. Modest compared to other years, but the quality is better than the past. 


Almost forgot the Ad-mech!


The Green horde will also have to wait a little bit longer.


I have to do 1:1 scale for a moment or three.



Blue Stones- shaking off the rust













As always, it was a lot of fun. I did spend the last two days at the brushes, so that was my shaking off the rust a few weeks before the rest of you do the mad dash to the finish line. 

I'll see you all in the comments!

____________________________

It was fantastic having you join us again this year David. As always, your enthusiasm for the hobby is wonderfully infectious, bringing a smile to all who read the marvelous staccato of your submissions. 

You will have family, friends and a pile of minis eagerly awaiting your return, so be safe and hustle back to us soon.

This is not a farewell, just a see you later.  

Curt

14 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself, looking forward to seeing more of your minis in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, great to had ypou on board. Safe returns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your 1:1 scale David - stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. See you again soon David - stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s been great to have you on the Challenge this year David. Here’s hoping for a safe return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck! Great output of quality figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck David and I hope to see you back at the challenge ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers David, all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck and stay safe out there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Godspeed Dave and come back safely!

    ReplyDelete