Sunday 26 January 2020

From DavidB: Spectre Ops (80 points)


Modern Wargaming has never been an interest for me. I'm not superstitious, but it is too close to life. I could blame Curt for the several posts he has done with Spectre and other brands. I could also blame my kids for the superhero and zombie games. I will blame the fine folks at Spectre Miniatures for the models and game they made. The game is pretty simple and fast and has more scenario angles than just Middle East scenarios. I chose to collect the Cartel and other models going for vibes of John Wick, Sicariono, Shooter, Jason Bourne. Since it is a skirmish game I can drop geopolitics and politics in general.


The game creators are a nice married couple who have family connections in the SAS. The models and rules had input from real life trigger pullers. It shows when you see the difference between experienced and elite soldiers as opposed to the militia and criminal models.


This is the model that sucked me into the range. A supressed marksman/sniper rifle and he has a silenced pistol


His forward lean and heel toe stride show a sniper doing a security check before setting up for work.


I only have a few cartel models and plan on getting others as well as some Insurgent forces for more elite hit teams.


Even the Cartel have some who with a change of paint could even represent other extremist groups.


I like the middle model quite a bit. he is an enforcer for the cartel with a ham fist hiding a small for him pistol. He is shooting"Israeli" style but seems more like he is trying to" throw" the bullet


The well dressed "Jeffe" on the phone flanked by two well dressed guards one is an older fellow while the fellow in orange has a military style haircut


The covert ops I painted in neutral tones as they can be Law enforcement, survivors, criminals, goverment contractors, or just a crew of veterans.

These were all painted in my standard form of black undercoat to many highlights, but I did use the contrast paint( the paler shades) as glazes in a few spots. There is a Cartel Flame trooper that missed the photo.

Counting him it's 16 modern for 80 points!


________________________

Wonderful work on these operators and cartel soldiers David. I'm quite addicted to the Spectre range and have waaay too many of their models for a game that should only need a couple dozen for the tabletop. 

Your professional operators looks suitably 'hard' in their natural, more muted tones, but the cartel guys are where the fun is at, with their somewhat gawky poses and bright civilian street attire. Very cool and very well done.

-Curt

7 comments:

  1. Great painting Dave. I got to play with some of these figs a few weeks back at Curt’s place. And yes he has far too many of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter ... Curt’s “Lead Shed” is a mysterious space, a tardis in disguise as a garden shed. I can only shake my head in wonder, then have a glass of wine 🍷

      Delete
  2. Great looking special ops and cartel figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bunch of figures David!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work on some great figures.

    ReplyDelete