Wednesday 27 January 2021

AndrewB- The Orc’s Pit

 Today, we’re bringing the last two cave residents from the Reaper pack I posted the first two individuals from in the Larder.   We’ve got a nice gentleman with an interestingly colored garment, as well as a bone dagger and a spear, ready to defend his cave from the overhang dwellers next door.  Along with him is a fantastic woman presenting a large bovine skull of some kind.  I’m not sure if she’s conducting some sort of religious ceremony, but she’s hopefully capable of transporting me to the Orc’s Pit!  




In the Orc’s Pit, I found this nice gentleman!  He looks like a LoTR troll of Peter Jackson fame, but he’s another Reaper model.  More work on skin tones and layering, but in gray this time, which presents a whole new level of difficulty.   

 

He’s a big fella, and with a local gaming store stocking Reaper minis, gives me a great opportunity to add a stellar model to a LoTR force.  I need to dig out some orcs or somesuch and get to them for another part of the challenge.  

I believe I’m looking at 10 points for the 28mm cave folks, 10pts for the Troll(50 something mm tall?), and 20 for the challenge, for a total of 40.   More coming soon!

-----

aye, 40 points it be

Cap'n Wednesday

11 comments:

  1. Excellent job - I've painted up this reaper figure in a past Challenge but your skills far exceed mine. Nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a skull to you!

    I thought that was a LotR troll as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking group of minis. The grey skin on the Troll looks ace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mix of figures, good looking troll!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on these figures. Love the grey skin on the orc/troll

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great collection of figs 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool I never knew Reaper made a troll that looks that close to the LOTR ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great troll and very nice neolithic fashion enthusiasts!

    ReplyDelete