Wednesday 27 January 2021

AndrewB - The Shrine

 Two of the figures I finished about a week ago as a part of my conquistador project mentioned in my last post fit too well into the challenge to leave out!  These two monks are perfect for the Shrine!  

I have absolutely no idea who manufactured these models, or where I got them, to be perfectly honest.  But they’re here, they’re painted and based, and they fit well with the conquerors. 



Painting these two fellows was an absolute delight, allowing me to work on some of the layering I’ve been fighting with, as well as reaching the absolute madness in my painting life.  I finally decided I’d attempt to paint eyes on models   I’m not entirely convinced it’s a great idea that I’ll try again in the next decade, but I think they came out alright.  

Two 28mm figures should bring the total for this post to 30pts when the points for the room are added as well.  The rest of this army should be done before the end of the challenge, and should be interesting to see. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice monks. The one guy looks like he’s been tippling the sacramental wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent ecclesiastical types. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking brothers! Looking forward to your conquistadors!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monktastic mate 👌
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete