Wednesday 27 January 2021

from RayR - Donnybrook - Ottoman - Segban Light Infantry 60pts

 


Next up for me are more of my new Donnybrook Ottomans.
My second Ottoman unit of the Challenge are 12 x Segban Recruit Musketeers armed with Matchlock Muskets. The Segban units were not a fully formed unit and acted mainly as light infantry for the Janissary Orta's
For those of you unaware in Donnybrook a Recruit Infantry units has 12 figures and throws D6 to hit and for morale, so as pretty as they look they're not the best unit on the board.


Segban units usual wore there own cloths, as they were not issued any uniform, but just for ease of use in games, I've given them all a light blue hat and green waistsash. I've kept the rest of their cloths pretty subdued, greys, browns and dull greens.


Points mean prizes so my Segban should earn me....

60 points!

Nice additions to what must be quite the Donny-horde in your collection now Ray! Love the colour on the hats to brighten them up a bit too

Cap'n Wednesday

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful brushwork Ray. I really like their turquoise headgear. Well done young man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really nice, nifty headgear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got one of these hats, but its white with a Leeds United badge!

      Delete
  3. Great work Ray, they look sharp.

    I am disappointed to learn that a skirmishing matchlock unit doesn't dominate the table top...what gives with those rules? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afraid so Greg ;0) They're not gonna win any prizes......a bit like me!

      Delete
  4. Great unit of matchlock men Ray, gotta get me a turquoise hat like that. Maybe if you put them in cover with a leader they’ll stick around for a bit. Could provide a bit of fire support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that'll be there job, hide and shoot!

      Delete
  5. Very nice work Ray; I love the colour combo. I have a few units in different games that are like them: look great on the table but are rather fragile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most armies had them, the Ottomans seem to have quite a few!

      Delete
  6. Great looking minis, the colourful headgear should make them stand out on the table.
    The way you describe the unit type, size and attacks makes Donnybrook sound similar to Saga, a game I enjoy. I may have to pick up a copy of the rules for comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, they are quite similar to Saga. Give them a go Stuart, you'll like 'em!

      Delete
  7. Nice looking bunch of skirmishers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking unit Ray, snazzy blue hats 👍

    ReplyDelete