Saturday 2 January 2021

From DaveD - Fairmile D MGBs for Cruel Seas - 24 points

 Hola - Dave D reporting in. I needed a proper rest over the festive season to get the creativity going again. I will catch up with the blog posts here too  The brushes are twirling away now .I have had to set a lower than usual target this year as CV19 is making the day job challenging . So let’s what gets done .

 First up is clearing off some paint table lurkers for the Cruel seas collection - a couple of larger 1/300th Fairmile D. MGB’s . I had started these earlier the year but I was not happy with the deck colour i had gone with, so decided to start over again. I got the colour I wanted right this time .

These were nice kits to work on  and are a good size up (they are about 4 inches long ) from the other British Vospers I have . Hopefully they give the S Boats a bit more opposition .



I added in some rigging/aerials as well to bring them to life more , along with crewmen 


2 x 8 points  = 16 

16 crew =8 points 

Total 24 

Huzzah ! challenge XI is up and running .


16 comments:

  1. A fine pair of Dogboats Dave with some very nice details. Good luck against Jerry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back Dave!

    Cracking brace of Fairmiles Mr D. I need a few of these as well as the Vospers get turned to kindling pretty quickly against the E-Boats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice looking boats here. Love the paint jobs, and reminds me that I have to do mine up at some point... sigh, more to add to the "to-do list".

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really nice pair of boats, very well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look the business Dave - love the deck colours and the ship-shape rigging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful looking boats. The crew and extra details you added brings them to life nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cracking kit Dave. Love the rigging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid looking MGBs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love boats Dave, they are spot on
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look lovely with all that fine detail!

    ReplyDelete