Friday 19 February 2021

AdamC: "Kights of Gondor and the Mark, Kights Solar (30 Points)

 I got these for taking part in one of the "Great War Gaming Survey" That Wargames Soldiers and Strategy does each year. 

I have done many Knight over my six challenges I had a few traditional option but I wanted to do something different.  Like many here I love the works of JRR Tolkien so doing Merry and Pippin as Knights. The models are a bit too Renaissance for Tolkien but I think they work.

Merry wears the green and white livery of Rohan. He winds the horn gifted to him by Eowyn a horn that was an heirloom of the royal house. I made my best effort at a horse head and it's not terrible.
Pippin is dressed in the Black and Silver of the Tower Guard along with my best effort at rendering a 'white' tree. He wields his Barrow Blade "trollsbane."
Pippin's shield came out reasonably good... I think it looks like a tree anyway! Points two 25mm scale infantry for 10 points then another 20 for the room.  Not sure what I'll do with these but they were fun to paint.




3 comments: