Friday 19 February 2021

From BenitoM: Taking a Smoke - The Guardroom (25 points)

Moving from the Gallery of Ancestors, I stepped into The Guardroom. Having finished in the office early this Friday, I had the opportunity to make a quick paint work to this 2WW German model that fits nicely in the room's theme



I have had this model for ages, but I cannot recall when I bought it or even the manufacturer. So, if anyone around can identify the brand, I will really appreciate. The model is interesting in two ways: it wears the Zeltbahn cammo poncho/tent (and I do not know a lot of models wearing this characteristic uniform piece) and he is smoking a cigarette while on guard duty, providing the model some character.

The model is a metal 28mm figure and will make a nice addition to my games attached to some headquarters building or check point position.


With this entry I add another 25 points ( 1 x 28mm @5 points + room bouns 20p) to my Challenge scoring this year and I gets very close now to my 500 points target. We still have one month to go, so I expect to comfortably reach and likely exceed the target (and it will be the first time since I've been participating in the Challenge)


10 comments:

  1. A fine entry Benito! The Splinter on the Zeltbahn looks very convincing and he looks rather absorbed in his smoke. It's a Black Tree Design figure by the way https://eoeorbisuk.com/collections/ww2-germans/products/ww2005-wehrmacht-character-set-i-4?variant=4539393603

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great camo Benito and do I catch a hint of char at the lit end of the cigarette 🚬😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking camo on this chap ,he's great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this figure. You can just picture him taking this great draw of his cigarette and then tossing it away as he gets back to his duties. Lovely work Benito (and you can always trust Nick to identify a WWII German figure!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great model Benito. Love the work on the splinter zelt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff- the last one he enjoys as it attracts a sniper's attention...

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice one Benito, you nailed the camouflage alright!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and also love the camo! Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work on this figure. A classic pose!

    ReplyDelete