Friday 19 February 2021

From ScottC: Lair of the Spider Submission - Huge Spider! (30 pts)

I have painted up a Reaper miniatures Huge Spider to lead my previous spider forces. She was intended to be used as a Spider Queen for the Middle Earth SBG. This beast is 100% and I am thankful for having learned about a sneaky trick to help metal on metal connections. A little piece of Kleenex placed on the joint helps increase the surface area of the adhesion and increase the strength of the bond in addition to speeding up the adhesion time.







She is mounted on a 60mm base

Points:
54mm infantry = 10 points
Challenge bonus = 20 points
Total 30 points

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everybody. This has been my first year in the Analogue hobby Challenge and everybody has been extremely friendly and welcoming. I am lucky and grateful to have had participated and while I approach my final dungeon I will try and keep up my fanatical pace until the end. This has been such a fantastic community to be a part of, hobby on and stay safe everyone!


Now, bring on the ALTAR OF THE SNOWLORD!

15 comments:

  1. Terrific (in the wider sense of the word) spider

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here we have the formidable gate keeper barring the entrance to the SnowLords Altar. Just waiting for the weary Adventurer to step into its deadly embrace. Very well done Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking beasty Scott. The Challenge family are a great bunch who all help you push through the pain barrier and get a darn sight more figures painted than you normally would. Its great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab looking spider Scott. Great tip about the connections - is that with superglue? I’ve used greenstuff for metal on metal with not always great results - successful pinning has also eluded me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I used super glue with the Kleenex. I also hate pinning and always end up making a mess of it.

      Delete
  5. Splendid looking mega spider!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I hate spiders, but great spider Scott!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking spider. Same Q as scooba - do you mean that you superglue some Kleenex in between the two parts you want to stick together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I dot a little superglue into the female end of the connection and then place a small piece of Kleenex on top (enough to cover most of the connection area without sticking out) I typically shred up a piece of Kleenex to have a couple of pieces handy if I drop one, and I used tweezers to set it down.

      Delete
  8. Well done- what is Kleenex? I thought it was a cleaning wipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Kleenex" is a brand of facial tissue that has become the default term here in NA (kind of like when people say "jacuzzi" to refer to a hot tub).

      Delete
  9. " A little piece of Kleenex placed on the joint helps increase the surface area of the adhesion and increase the strength of the bond in addition to speeding up the adhesion."
    That's a great tip- I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it really gives me the creeps mate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m totally trying that Kleenex idea out! I pin where possible and use green stuff, but another tool in the armoury for what can be a properly frustrating process of sticking metal together is always good. Nice spider too, looks like exactly the kind of thing I wouldn’t want to meet walking through the woods.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking big effing spider. Congrats on making it to the Snowlord

    ReplyDelete