Friday 19 February 2021

From DrQ: Orks and Chests in the Snowlord's Treasury (70 points)

 

For the Snowlord's Treasury I've painted up some lovely little treasure chests. These five are from an old CMON kickstarter-exclussive box for Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia. 

Not really much to say about these, aside from the fact that I painted them in the standard cartoon style I do for all chibi miniatures (see earlier posts). I decided for a group shot showing all the sides in one image, since there were five of them to paint up. 

Additionally, if there's going to be loot, there needs to be someone(s) there to do the looting. As such here are five more 40k Ork Boyz.

These boys are a fair bit more dapper than the blokes I have been painting. I picked up some steampunk heads from Spellcrow, figuring that a head swap would be an easy way to distinguish between units when the Greentide of 3-4 units of 30 models comes in on the charge. Oh, and I used a different colour of tufts as well. 

Aside from the head swap, I painted these boyz in my standard troop scheme, which I'd best describe as "Evil Suns Lite." I could have upped the glow on the one boyz' head coils, but I don't want him to stand out too much—it's not like he's got a forceshield or any other bonus for those blue coils. He's just a very dapper lad. 

As far as points, there's ten 28mm miniatures for 50 points and another 20 for the area challenge, for a total of 70 points.

From here I move into my penultimate challenge area: the Lair of the Great Beast. I've been slowly working on my Kharadron Ironclad for this area, and hopefully I'll have it finished by the end of the month.

7 comments: